10.

Turtle pond was surrounded in a thick tendrils of moss and plants. The water was still aside from the occasional ripple here and there cause by the ducks that drifted across the water's surface. They'd built a small wooden gazebo over the water where Isabelle curently sat staring off into the distance.

At first glance one might mistake her for a damsel in distress waiting for her hero. Of course that was until you caught a glimpse of her whip and the boots that looked like they could pass as a weapon if the situation called for it.

We neared the pond slowly. "Izzy." Jace called out causing her to spin around to flash us a dazzling smile.

She always looked effortlessly beautiful, while still maintaining the i could kill you without a second thought look she had going on. It was one of the many reasons i admired her.

"Jace." She exclaimed as she flew up from her seat to hug him. She fit the part of loving sister perfectly. I'd also had trouble with it, the reasons for such were starting to be clearer as of late.

She finally unattached herself from jace to drift over to us. "I can't believe you did it." She exclaimed. "How did you get Magnus to let Jace leave?"

"Traded him for Alec." Clary explained.

Isabelle looked alarmed for a moment, "Not permanently?" She asked.

"Of course not." I replied. "Though i don't think he would of minded if we had."

"It's just for a few hours. Unless i don't come back." Jace added. "In which case, maybe he does get to keep Alec."

"I'm sure Magnus is thrilled at the possibility." I admitted.

"Mom and Dad won't be pleased if they find out."

I rolled my eyes. "Name one occasion where they've ever been pleased with our actions."

"She has a point." Jace nodded thoughtfully.

"Of course there not pleased you freed a possible criminal by trading away your brother to a warlock who looks like a gay sonic the hedgehog and dresses like the child catcher from chitty chitty bang bang." Simon inquired.

"I'm sorry did some ask for your opinion." I said, my comment bluring together with jace's. "Is there some particular reason that you'r here?" He'd said.

His eyes met mine playfully. "I'm not so sure we should be bringing you to the Seelie Court. They hate mundanes."

"They don't particularly like shadowhunters either." I commented. Simon though rolled his eyes at jace ignoring that i'd spoken. "Not this again."

"Not what again?" Clary asked.

"Everytime I annoy him, he retreats into his No Mundanes allowrd tree house." Simon point at jace accusingly. "Let me remind you, the last time you wanted to leave me behind, I saved all your lives."

"One time doesn't warrant an invitation to the club." I argued. "It's very exclusive after all and last time i checked you don't meet the criteria."

"The faerie courts are dangerous." Isabelle cut in to diffuse the building situation. "Even your skill with the bow won't help you. It's not that kind of danger."