Preface

My inspiration for this story is the song Go On Without Me by Brett Eldredge. I hear it and I think about people who have lost someone close. What a better example than Jack and Jackie Kennedy's THREE children.

Patrick, his wife and children are based off Daleyeah88 's wonderful story about Jack and Jackie's son, Patrick Bouvier. I give her full credit (and thanks) for these characters.

   Jack and Jackie's three children reflect on the life of their parents, especially their mother who was very influential on their lives. To fill in gaps, here is a backstory to Caroline, John, and Patrick's lives.

Caroline Bouvier Kennedy
   Caroline was Jack and Jackie's first child, born on November 27, 1957. She was very close to both of her parents; however, she was the definition of a Daddy's girl. That was until her world came crashing down just before her sixth birthday when Jack was assassinated in Dallas.
   Through school, Caroline was always at the top of her class and very popular. Wanting to become a photo journalist, she found it was nearly impossible because too many people were watching her.
   Her life was threatened when a man called and reported a bomb being at the museum she worked in. There was no bomb, but Caroline was very shaken. She went to the only person she had for comfort; her mother. While working at the museum, she met the love of her life, Ed Schlossberg.
   She married Ed and they had three kids; Rose, Tatiana, and John (called Jack). When Jackie died, Rose was 6, Tatiana 4, and Jack was just over a year old. They were very close to their grandmother. After her father's death, Caroline became closer to her mother and siblings. She didn't want to lose anyone else.

John Fitzgerald Kennedy Jr.
   Born November 25, 1960, JFK Jr., called John-John, was the first son of Jack and Jackie. He was acquainted with his father, but not as close as Caroline. John-John was much more of a Mommy's boy, perhaps because he didn't know his father very well. Nevertheless, Jack's values were instilled in him even if he wasn't directly a politician. He was close to his sister, but he and Patrick always seemed distant. He was very distressed after Jackie's death.
   In 1996, he married Carolyn Bessette. They were married until their plane crashed and was lost in 1999. Ultimately, this crash was fatal, killing them all; John, Carolyn, and her sister Lauren.
   After his death, Caroline was torn up, but she muttled through with the help of her brother Patrick. The death of America's Son rattled the nation, not as bad as his father's death, but close.

Patrick Bouvier Kennedy
(Based off of Daleyeah88's story)

   Patrick Bouvier was born prematurely on August 7, 1963. Commonly referred to as Jack and Jackie's miracle child, not only because he miraculously survived, but he brought his parents closer together.
   He looked like and acted just like Jack. The two were nearly inseparable, more so than Jack and Caroline. He never knew his father well, but boy did Jack know him. Jack never acted the way he did to his other children like he did to Patrick. Their bond was different. Called Little Jack,  he would grow up learning how he was just like his beloved father.
   He was never very close to Jackie, especially after he chose to forego college and go to the MLB. This tore Jackie up and completely ruined their relationship.
   He became very close to Lem Billings, Jack's friend. Lem and Patrick had a father/son bond, exactly what Patrick needed.
   Patrick married his soulmate, Hayley Martin.  Patrick and Hayley became closer after Lem died; Patrick was lost and heartbroken. Hayley was the only person that could comfort him. They had ups and downs similar to Jack and Jackie's. Hayley and Patrick had two children, Patrick Jr. and Riley. When Jackie died, Jr. was six and Riley was barely a month old. Patrick was shocked when his mother died and confided in Hayley afterwards.

   His daughter Riley married country music star Brett Eldredge on Jack and Jackie's 62nd anniversary, September 12, 2015. Brett wrote Go On Without Me for a still grieving Caroline and Patrick.