Songwriting: One

Every man has his place in time,
Everyone has a loved one they leave behind.

May 15, 2016

"She must have loved you guys more than anything." Riley's husband Brett said after Caroline, and Patrick told him about the day they moved Jackie home from the hospital.
"She did." Patrick started, "I feel bad for what happened." He sighed.
"I think she loved you more because of it." Caroline told him. "After Daddy died, she couldn't find happiness. Anywhere. Us three and Uncle Bobby were all she had."
Brett shook his head. "I just feel so sorry for her. Especially after Bobby died in '68."
"But that's what made her Grandma Jackie." Rose said. "If everything had went 'perfectly' there's a good chance we wouldn't be here right now."
"That's a good point." Patrick said. "Brett, why do you want to hear all these stories?"
"I want to write a song about her, and to an extent, you two and John." Brett tried to stay calm. He never met Jackie, but he could feel and see how much she meant to everyone.
"Brett, that's wonderful!" Caroline exclaimed. "I'm honored."
"I'm honored to be a part of this family." Brett told them with a smile.
"Kiss up." Riley muttered. Brett shrugged.
"So, when she did talk about Jack..." Brett started, only to be cut off by Patrick,
"Call him Grandpa."
"Okay. When she did talk about Grandpa and the man she was first engaged to, what was her main point?" Brett asked, wanting the beginning of the song to be kind of like a moral. Caroline and Patrick thought long and hard about it.
"Everyone is needed to make the world go round." Caroline told him.
"Every man has his place..." Patrick said before being joined by Caroline,
"In time!" They said in unison.
"I like it. I like it." Brett smiled and wrote it down.
"What about after Grandpa died?"
"Yeah, she was suffering and depressed, but she was never selfish about it. She never wanted sympathy." Caroline said.
"Are you saying that she wanted other people to get sympathy for it?" Brett asked.
"Not exactly." Caroline replied. "Everyone has lost someone close to them. The people that have gone before us have left us, but we should all feel grateful that they blessed our lives in the first place."
"In other words, everyone has a loved one that they leave behind." Patrick finished for her.
"Oh, that makes sense now." Brett scribbled down what Patrick said in his notebook.