Late night talks (Derek)

I couldn't sleep. I couldn't get over the fact that my best friend was getting married to some other girl in 8 and I couldn't keep my head on straight.

I needed to have one last all night talks with him before she steals him away from me.

The phone rang only twice before his deep yet smooth voice rang through the phone.

"Hey babygirl, been waiting for a call from you. Why you been ignoring me?"

He already had me smiling like an idiot. "I don't think your lil wife would want you calling me that anymore, and you're the one who's been ignoring me. Always some excuse. Oh bae wants me to go see the make up she's getting, oh sorry gotta do that another time bae wants this and that." I said trying to do my best impression of him.

"I don't sound like that and me and my lil wife just been busy... I can call you babygirl, and baby, and best friend" he replied whining.

I cringed  at the word bestfriend.

"So you admit that it's you who's been ignoring me with all these excuses??"

Derek went silent. "I just miss you babygirl" I pulled the pillow closer to me and my smile fell. "I miss you too but what's going on between us is too much. We're too close and that's only going to ruin your relationship. I'm in love with you and I love how stupid you are but you and your fiancé love each other and I can't get in the way of that, I would hate myself forever if I did. I love you and I hope you have a great wedding day tomorrow,don't expect to see my face in the crowd."

I hung up and a tear rolled down my cheek and wet the pillow beneath my head.