Chapter 8

I was standing in front of my locker but there was no sign of Asher.

He told me that he'll see me today. Maybe he's late.

I went to my class. Carla greeted me "Hey Nia, how are you?"
"I'm fine...see you" I replied and sat a little away from her.

I don't know but she looked a little scary today. Her eyes were so different. I just stopped thinking about it.

Maybe she takes drugs.

Before teacher came, the lakme stall came to talk to me.

Ok, Lola came to my desk "Hey ugly, you think you are going to get my Asher, well why don't you come to the party this weekend and see for yourself what he really thinks about you."

She wrote an address and time on my notebook and walked away arrogantly. I didn't know what she was implying but I really felt insecure. I already made up my mind to go to the party.

The lectures were normal. During lunchtime, I kept sitting in my class. To be honest, I was afraid that if Asher ignored me today then I would feel broken. At the same time, I was afraid to face him. I mean if he really likes me then how am I supposed to act around him.

I just laid down my head on my arms and drifted to sleep. I was really tired due to overthinking. When the bell rang marking the end of lunch break, I was up.

I looked up and got scared. I yelped and almost stumbled down my chair but Asher held me.

"Are you ok? I didn't mean to scare you" Asher panicked.

He picked me up gently and kissed my forehead "Sorry my girl."

"Why were you so close and staring at me like that?" I replied.

He shrugged with his eartips turning red "Here, eat it quickly after all you skipped lunch again" he gave me a sandwich, went away and sat down with his friend Cody.

Before more students came, I ate the sandwich. I was really hungry. I looked at Asher, he was laughing like anything. His friends loved him. People loved to surround him thanks to his cheerful smile. He caught me staring at him. I just mumbled thank you for the sandwich. He winked.

The teacher came and the classes went on and on but my heart was flipping due to excitement. I couldn't control my happiness. The way Asher cared for me really was so thrilling for me.

One sandwich and game over. You're lovesick.

I guess I am. After the school was over, Carla came to me "Hey Nia, what are you doing now?"

Walking and breathing?

"I have to go for my part time job, why?" I asked.
"Well, I was feeling kinda lonely so wanted to hang out with you" she smiled at me hopefully.

"Sure, we can be friends if you want" I replied.

She hugged me "See you tomorrow then Nia and thank you."

I waved at her and packed my stuff. The school was nearly empty. I was sad because I couldn't get to say bye to Asher. I just went to put my stuff back into my locker. The moment I opened it, Cody jumped out of it. I screamed, I was so scared.

I calmed down when Asher came from behind and all his friends including Cody was laughing.

"I hate you all" I said angrily and was about to walk away but all of them came in front of me.

Oh shit! Are they going to hurt me.

They all bent on their knees and said sorry together.

I just smiled at their gesture "fine but no more pranks, I could've died of heart attack. "
"Thanks" Asher said and turned to his friends "See you later tonight, guys. "

They all went but Asher stayed.
"Why aren't you going?" I asked him.
"I have to drop you at your workplace my heart" he smiled at me.

I turned red when he addressed me as that.

Asher's viewpoint

I couldn't meet Nia in the morning today because I was running late. I was waiting for lunchtime eagerly. I went with my friends to the cafeteria but I knew that she wouldn't be here. I bought a sandwich for her and went to her classroom.

I saw that she was sleeping. She looked like an angel with such a sublime face. I didn't wake her up because I wanted to keep looking at her. The more I looked, the more I fell for her.

When she got up, she was scared to see me, she yelped and almost fell down.

Oh man! I hurt my girl.

I just smiled and apologized. I gave her the sandwich and she was really happy. I knew she would be hungry.

She doesn't need to know that I begged the cafeteria server to prepare me the tastiest sandwich.

After the day was over, I convinced Cody and the others to scare Nia a little because I thought she would laugh when she would see Cody in her locker but she was really angry after that scene.

Before she could walk away, I asked my friends to apologize and I joined them too. She just let it go. Later, I dropped her at the diner and went to meet my friends as we planned to hang out together.

She was an amazing girlfriend, not demanding, not clingy, just a big heart full of love. I was really blessed to have her.

When I was driving back after dropping Nia back home, I got a call from Lola.

"What do you want?" I asked uninterestingly.

"Don't be so sore, just wanted to invite you for a party at my house this weekend and before you decline let me tell you, Nia is also coming to this party" she hung up after saying that.

I didn't want to go but I knew Lola, she might try to hurt Nia. So there wasn't a second choice for me. I made up my mind to go to the party. But I wondered why Nia didn't tell me about it.

Well maybe she forgot. Stop overthinking like girls.

After I reached home, I straight away slept. Of course, I bathed before sleeping but didn't eat anything since I was already full. My friends were awesome and so was my girlfriend.

I chatted with Nia and I was grinning like an idiot. I could have chatted with her whole night but at midnight she told me to sleep. I felt like an idiot but I had to let her sleep.

I'll ask you out soon.

.......
Guys Human Recast book can be found here.

https://www.kobo.com/in/en/search?query=human+recast

You can find the full book here. You will love it. Enjoy, its full of humor and mystery.

😊😊comment and vote pls