Chapter 6

Picture of Keera in media.

Jermaine P.O.V

I pulled up at Daijshah's house at around 6:30. I had to pick up Hailey for our date. Damn that don't even sound right coming from my mouth. What the fuck am I suppose to do on a date. Like do I gotta open the door for her and pull out her chair and shit. Maybe im over thinking this. To be honest, I have no idea where I was going to take her. Restaurant seems boring. And boring is not me.

I got out the car and made my way over to the door. Knocked a couple times till I heard somebody come to the door. The door opened and it was Dai. She had on some basket ball shorts that im pretty sure are mine and a plain t-shirt with her hair in a bun on the top of her head. Even though she wasn't trying to look good she still was looking good. That's the one thing I love about Daijshah, the fact that she don't try hard and can still be flawless.

I licked my lips at her as she moved to the side allowing me to walk in then closed the door. We made our way into the living room and sat down.

"Hailey is still upstairs getting ready". She said while picking up the remote and flipping through the channels.

"Cool"

She settles on watching Real husband's of Hollywood, a show alot of people seem to like but I can't stand it. It just ain't funny.

"So..." She says trying to start conversation while we wait. "A date with Hailey of all people. Where are you guys going?"

"I don't really know where. I know I don't want to go to a resturant. You got any suggestions?"

"Maybe a movie"

"How is that a date if we sit in silence for 2 hours".

She lowered the volume on the t.v. "Well do you have somewhere better to take her?"

I shook my head no. "Well there you go" She said smugly." You got enough money to pay for you and her ticket and get some popcorn and shit, Cuz I know you broke as always"

I looked at Dai like she was crazy. I gotta pay for her ticket? And I gotta pay for snacks and shit? Man this is why I don't do dates or relationships cause that shit is expensive. " Man I need to smoke." I said while pulling out a blunt I rolled earlier. "Yo momma here?"

"Nah, She had to go back in to work." 

Good. I lit up the blunt and started to smoke. I need this if I wanna get through today. Dai was looking at me like she expected me to pass the weed over to her.

"You can quit looking at me like that you ain't getting it."

She rolled her eyes. "Why you always treat me like a child J."

"I ain't treatin you like shit, You know I don't think you should smoke.  Im just looking out for you Dai. You like a sister to me man." She rolled her eyes and leaned back on the couch.

We sat there in silence for some seconds till we heard Hailey walk into the room. She had on a blue dress with the sides cut-out and her hair down. She looked a little over dressed to be going to movies,  but she looked good nonetheless. I wasn't dressed special or nothing, Just had on some cargo shorts and plain white shirt. 

"Hey" she smiled shyly at me. I laughed to myself at her shyness and just winked at her.

"Okay..." Daijshah said. "Are you guys about to leave now" She said a little irrated. I just shrugged it off and grabbed Hailey, placing 1 arm on her waist and leading her towards the door.

"Oh" I say turning back to Daijshah. "I'm coming back here tonight".

She smacked her lips hella hard. "For what? Nigga you got a place to stay".