They Grew

"Everyone gets hurt eventually Kisa. It's just another way to show we care." -Hinata Honda

Out of everything that Momiji encountered, he had never felt this uncertain.

Only a few years ago, Kisa and Hiro followed himself and Hinata around like ducklings. But that was a long time ago. He had never meant to lose touch with them, never, he had always planned to go visit them but the days all blended together until years had gone by and he still hadn't seen them.

He steeled himself and knocked on the door.

"Coming!" A woman's voice called. "Kisa could you get the door?"

"Yes ma'am." A quiet, gentle voice called before the door swung open.

In front of him, stood a girl that barely stood at his chest, her orange hair pulled into a braid that rested on her right shoulder with bangs gently framing her face, chocolate eyes had a golden sheen that seemed to give them a cat like quality.

"Hello, how may I-" She froze mid sentence and brought her hands up in shock.

They stood there in silence for a moment, the only sound was that of birds chirping quietly.

"Kisa? Who is it?" Her mother called, breaking the spell.

"M-Momiji-nii?" Kisa whispered in disbelief.

"Hey, little tiger. Miss me?" Momiji smiled shakily as tears began to well up in her eyes.

"Dummy!" She cried before throwing her arms around him, "I missed you!"

Momiji chuckled and hugged the smaller girl tightly, feeling warmth bloom in his chest.

"I'm back." He mumbled in her ginger hair.

"Welcome back Momiji-nii." Kisa beamed.

🐰🐑🐯🐰🐑🐯🐰🐑🐯🐰🐑🐯🐰🐑🐯

"Kisa you've gotten so big!" Momiji said in awe, remembering the tiny girl who had evolved into the sweet teenager before him.

He knew Hinata would be proud.

"I don't want to hear that from you Momiji-nii." Kisa grinned as he laughed sheepishly.

"I really shot up, huh?" He chuckled.

"That's an understatement." Kisa rolled her bright eyes.

"I went from 5'1 to 5'10, at least I didn't grow another foot."

"It hurts to look at Momiji-nii now." She complained lightly, "I have to crane my neck."

"Then why don't you grow a little?" His brown eyes sparkled with mirth.

"Hey," she whined, "I went from 4'10 to 5'4."

"You still have ways to go." Momiji ruffled her hair as she smiled sweetly.

Suddenly the door was pushed aside.

A tall teenage boy, with sandy hair and chocolate eyes, walked inside. He eyed Momiji with a tint of distaste.

"Who are you?" He asked rudely, eyes blasting dangerously.

"Hiro!" Kisa exclaimed.

"Eh?" Momiji startled before jumping up with a wide smile. "You're Hiro? Prissy lamb Hiro?"

Hiro startled before eying him more closely.

"Momiji?" He choked out.

"Oh my gosh it is you!" Momiji looked at him in pleasant surprised.