chapter 15

C15: feelings

It has been a whole week since Alexander left. I do not know what his problem is but i think I've moved on with my life. The king and Queen returned two days after and all I had told them is that Alex had some things to sort out. Adeline was the only one that I told, I didn't even tell Fiona and as I sat on the couch listening to her blabbering about Prince charming I wanted to strangle her.
"When is he coming back again." She asked for the uptenth time today alone. Although this was an everyday thing for her it was becoming irritating. I wanted to tell her to shut it so badly but luckily Adeline saved her, when she walked in the room.

"Amm. .... Fiona please excuse us." She told her then smiled, Fiona walked out. Finally! "Thanks for saving me, I swear if someone talks about Grey one more time I will snap." I told her. I didn't mean to sound bitchy but it wasn't everyday that I get my heart broken by some idiot whom I don't even know what the hell was his problem. "Actually ..I wanted to talk about that." Adeline told me as she took a seat on the opposite chair. "There is nothing to talk about Ade, he left and that's it, nothing more to discuss." I shot back stood and walked to the nearest window and looked out. The truth was, I was so close to breaking down. I dont know whether I should call it love or what , but his presence had made me tolerate all these royal duties, I didn't care whether I will be wearing a dress for the nineties or heels. So as long as Alexander Taylor was near, I was okay with what ever the world would throw at me. But he left me alone.

Adeline walked up to me and stood next to me. "I understand your pain, but Vero you have to try and remember what was the last thing you did that could have gotten him to leave. I agree he was closed off and a little strange but everyone knew he cared about you." Adeline told me. It was easier said than done. The hurt that I felt did not allow me to bother about Grey. He wanted to leave so why should I look for him. He wasn't lost, he left willingly and quite frankly I did not know why I was bothered by this whole mess. I knew the day i saw him that he couldn't love anybody. His eyes were distant void of all emotion. So why was everyone insisting that Grey had feelings for me.I sighed and walked back to the couch. "Fine! I will tell you what I remember." I told Adeline.

Ade listen carefully as I 're told her all about the last day I spoke to Alexander. "He was happy, when I left him, I went to the interview on our way back I was craving for ice cream, so we went to the ice cream shop. I told Fiona to call him so he can join us and she did." I told her. She was pulling her thinking face at the moment." Who where you with?" She asked after a while of silence. "Fiona left to do something, then I was left with the man in black.....oh and Benjamin arrived." At the mention of Ben, my sister went from thinking to blushing instantly. It was then that I realized they were getting along just fine.

"Wait, Ben was there?" She asked her eyes widening. I simple nodded my head " is it possible that maybe he thought that..... you and Ben. ....were. ....." she started as if the wheels in her head were turning. At that instance I froze. The memory of Ben holding my hand came crushing on my mind and first I was shocked, then I was angry, what did he think this was, a Disney movie. I was not Prince charming. How dare he jumps into conclusions without confronting me first. I wanted to kick that idiot in the face.
"Go, I will take care of everything, and I'm not saying that because I want you gone. You know Vero father was right, I'm not the right one to rule this kingdom. You may think otherwise but you truly are a queen" Ade told me, I looked at her for a moment and in that moment I could not see the old Ade at all, Ben being in her life changed my sister for the better. " I love you Ade." I told her, kissed her cheek and started to run. Luckily I was not wearing a dress, in fact was in my "follow me." Pyjama top,a pair of stripped shorts and sleepers at 9:00am. Yeah! I was depressed without his annoying behind near me.

As I walked up to the family plane, looking a hot mess, for once I was greatful that I was born into royalty, and when the plane lifted off I couldn't believe that I was about to walk into someones house in pj's.