chapter 16

C:16:the father

I arrived to Capetown at around 17:00. Still in my ever so awesome p.j the only thing that I had done so far was to brush my teeth, I hadn't taken a shower or eaten anything and quite frankly I didn't care.

I must have looked nuts, at 5pm in my pj's howling for a taxi to stop, with two man in black by my side. Yeah that was a site to see. I was glad that the media hadn't sported me yet, or I swear I would of never heard the end of this. "Thanks, could you take us to Redhill please." I told the driver after he gave me...well us... a look of horror.

The whole taxi ride, in fact the whole journey here the two man didn't speak a word they simple followed me like a shadow. I guess i could blame it to the fact that they weren't my usual guards.

The taxi stopped, and I was the first to go out followed by the men in black who paid the fee before following me. When I got to the door of the grey house that I knew so well my anger rose again as a result I knocked harshly.

A minute later I was ready to knock the door down but it was opened. I stood there and contemplated whether I should just run away or stay when I looked into a pair of helazel eyes, dark hair that had a few strands of grey.

When the man smiled at me I felt at ease a little bit.

"May I help you" he asked in a voice that seem to radiate knowledge.

I looked at him for a moment. Had Grey sold his house?

"I....I...I'm  looking for Alex. Alexander Taylor. " I told him and he smiled wider.

"oh! Do come in" after we walked inside the house, he closed the door and walked to the sitting room.

"Do sit." He instructed and I did as told but the two men remained standing.

" You must be the reason he looks sour nowadays." He commented and I blushed, I didn't even know who he was.
"I came to speak to Alex, is he around?" I asked and he smiled again. I didn't know why but the way he smiled made me feel like he knew me.

"No he is at work, he will come in two hours or so, in the mean time, we will get to know each other, I'm Dylan Taylor, Alex's father. And you must be Vero, and from your companions I'm guessing you must be the kings daughter."

He told me all this while smiling with his hand out for me to shake. It didn't take a genius to figure out my status, provided that i had body guard who wore the royal suits that just happens to have the royal emblem.

I smiled awkwardly because at that moment I remembered my dress code.

"You don't look like Grey. " I told him after shaking his hand. He looked puzzled for a moment before I elaborated.
" I mean Alex, Grey is a name I call him by, his life is practically grey." I told him once more. They were so opposite I couldn't even imagine the two together.

Dylan gave a sad expression as if remembering a sad memory. "He's not biologically my son, but I love him as much. You see I adopted Alex after his mother left him at my door. He was only 8, I was in a bad space, I had just gone threw a divorce. I know he could be a little difficult some times but you have to understand, women have dissapointed him to a point where he shut himself." He told me and my heart broke for the young Alex.

"But he can't hold all women responsible, just because of what one did to him." I had frowned at Dylan. I couldn't understand at all.
Dylan had looked at me with that knowing look." You seem to care a lot about my son princess." He stated. I didn't know whether I should admit it to the father that indeed I had found home in those grey eyes or not, so i did the one thing I knew -I looked away and like the ever chests person I was I blushed, man i seem to lose the little control I had over my body. Damn you Alexander .

"Well ... I .... I..." I had stuttered to no end. He had laughed at my embarrassment. I would have too if I wasn't the one being embarrassed.
"There is no use of denying it. If it weren't so you would not travel as far as Cassavanna to see him, wearing your pyjamas." He smiled that knowing smile and I couldn't help it but feel even more awkward.

"I'm so sorry for my inappropriate dress code. Normally, I'm dressed properly but I was in a rush and..." I didn't finish my sentence because again he had laughed.

"It's ok my dear, any who Alexander will be here in less than 10 or so, I will leave you here to wait for him. If you must know then ask him about Liza. good night princess." He stood up and I followed suit.

"It's Vero the princess part is silent." I told him while I smiled. And I watched him walk away.

30 minutes later, I was half sleeping and half awake and at this point I was getting impatient, I mean I travelled 8 hours in a pair of pyjama shorts, meet his damn father in said clothes, sat with these robotic men that follow me around- I honestly think that was my father's way of knowing my where abouts all the time- and still I was waiting for the idiot who took my heart and ran away with it all the way from Cassavana to Capetown. He was yet to get his handsome behind home. Boy was I going to give him a piece of my mind when he...

The sound of the door opening had me awake in an instant. I jumped up from the couch and walked like a mad woman all the way to the front door. And as if a light had been lit in the darkness my anger had vanished into thin air. Looking at his dark suit that from the back I could tell was an Armani suit, i had felt a smile grace my lips but when he turned and faced me looking like the life was drained out of him, his unusual grey hair in all direction and his eyes full of anger, I wanted to slap some sense into him but I did the worst. I punched his ever so perfect nose out of perfection.