friday

〰

"miss, do you need any help there?"
"nope, i'm alright. t-thanks,"

jisoo had appeared at the station with a tower of large boxes in her hands this morning, earning herself stares from the surrounding commuters. seeing her struggle through the gantry, officer jeon had generously offered her help but insisting that she is able to handle it alone, jisoo declined his offer.

the top box was practically affecting her sight but nevertheless, jisoo inhaled a deep breath as she took in the sight of the long flight of stairs ahead of her.

"himnaeyo", she breathed as she started her way up, with each stride getting heavier and heavier.

owing much to jimin, jisoo did the shopping yesterday and these were the loots. mini christmas trees, ornaments, some presents for gift exchange; all sorts of things she had bought, hoping that she didn't miss out on any.

beads of perspiration could be seen trickling down from her forehead as she finally reached the top. thank goodness, her train was arriving just in time and preparing to join in the line, jisoo shuffled her way towards the front.

this rendered yoongi seeing her as impossible. no matter how high he craned his neck today, he couldn't spot jisoo anywhere from the opposite. his lips were set in a semi pout as he stepped back in defeat. the other side's train is already approaching and yet, he didn't even get to see her today.

forget about it, yoongi told himself but just as he looked back up again, his eyebrows twitched in amusement when he then made out a petite figure piled with boxes in both of her arms. she was trying really hard to push her way past into the already packed train but oblivious to her, the tower of boxes were also wobbling about in the air at the same time. yoongi's heart rose up and down along with them. it was only when one of the uppermost boxes toppled over and flew out of the cabin that yoongi literally face palmed himself.

a loud dramatic "noooooooo" echoed from the opposite train before the doors shut tight and staring at the scene in front of him, yoongi could only shake his head hard. he levelled his eyes with the pathetic box lying on the ground as the other commuters continued walking past it.

sighs.

a figure soon crouched down to pick up the lonesome box from the platform. but, as soon as he brought it up to his eyes and read the penmanship over the top, a smile flickered across his face.

to my saviour,

wishing you a warm christmas as well

he knew it. he had that instinct that it was her.