Chapter 1

I woke up startled, breathing restlessly. The nightmares keep harassing me night after night, even after many months. I sigh and go back to rest my back looking at the ceiling. Are they ever going to stop? I hope so. They are eating me up inside. Some images of that day keep appearing on my mind and I blink a few times to move them away. I cannot let them control me. Not on an important day like this.

Literally five minutes later, the alarm sounds from the little clock that is on my bedside table and I growl with frustration when I hit it to silence it. I roll back and forth, trying to find the necessary will to get my butt out of bed. I do not find it, until I hear loud shouts and hurried footsteps coming from the room next door.

- ETHAN! – my brother's voice resounds on all the hallway. - I'M GOING TO KILL YOU BRO!

The door to my room opens abruptly and then Ethan hurries to close it before leaning on it, looking for help.

- What did you do to him this time? - I ask him rolling my eyes.

- Nothing serious, i swear. - i look at him arching an eyebrow and he talks fast and sincere. - Okay! I may have took borrowed his laptop and, accidentally, I made it roll down stairs.

- Oh God. – I look at the ceiling, shaking my head. – If he punches you in the middle of that horrible face you have, you know that you deserved it.

- Shut your mouth. Are you going to help me or are you just going to sit there acting like a bitch? - he puts his ear near the door attentive in case he hears some sound and looks at me waiting for my answer.

- Of course i'm going to help you... - I smile with a sweetness more than feigned and he realizes my intentions, he knows me very well. I put my hands around my mouth and take a breath. - Graysoooooon!

He barely has time to whisper to me "traitor" before the door opens and 1.80m of pure fury grab him from the shirt. I laugh as I see my twins rolling on the ground, throwing punches right and left, but I know that they do not really hurt each other at all. Or so I hope. Although watching them fight causes me a lot of fun, I would not want anyone to be seriously hurt. Anyway, the two of them always follow this routine from an early age. In spite of being practically identical, they can be differentiated not only by the mole in their face, that the three we have in different places (Ethan in his cheek, Grayson in his chin and I in my upper lip) but also by their personalities.

Ethan was always the "uncontrollable rebel", textual words by mom. He never obeyed the rules and I'm certainly surprised that he decided to start the university with us. He used to escape through the window to go to a party, he broke almost everything that belongs to Gray, but in reality that never stopped, slammed the door after an argument with our parents ... all the "typical" things of a teenager. He is a bachelor without remedy, a heartbreaker with a slight narcissistic inclination. Now he is a university student and although he has left many of his old attitudes behind, his essence remains intact. It's a complete badass.

Grayson, on the other side, is quite the opposite. Well, he used to let himself be dragged into Eth's craziness, but after starting his relationship with Emma, he decided that all that was over. I prefer it that way, because he always came back distressed and in a bad mood. Uncontrolled parties and drunk girls with almost nonexistent clothes were never his thing. He is extremely intelligent and affectionate; Ethan too, but in his own way. Gray is more rational and calm, he always says that "conflicts are solved by talking and not by imitating our caveman ancestors" and he never gets angry, unless it's something important or something that really matters to him.

Today, Ethan hit the ball off the field and is getting what he deserves. I jump out of bed to take a shower, laughing out loud.

- All right, guys. If you break something, I will kill you while you sleep. I give you ten minutes to get out of my room. - I warn them before closing the bathroom door. I turn on my playlist and the incredible voice of Shawn Mendes asking for mercy in the company of hot water gradually removes the tension of my body caused by the bad night I spent. As I had warned, less than ten minutes later I leave the bathroom and can not find my brothers anywhere.