Chapter 3

After a while my stomach and cheeks hurt. I had already forgotten what it felt like to laugh freely and casually. We watch Netflix on the amazing TV and continue talking about our lives, making time until it's time to attend the introductory talk given to us by the Dean of the University. Yes, the Dean is a women. The truth is that I was a little surprised, but at the same time it made me feel a little more comfortable. I always believed that we women have a fairer and clearer view on how things should be done to make everything right.

Dakota tells me about her ex-boyfriend. They met when he traveled to Los Angeles to visit his family. He would only stay for a few months and when he returned home to Florida, they maintained a long-distance relationship. It worked for a while until he confessed to her that he had cheated on her, more than once. The truth is that it makes me very sad to see her like this; no matter how much she tries to hide it or denies it over and over again, she clearly still has feelings for him.

- And I don't know if I'm going crazy or what, but I even see him around here, walking the halls. - she sighs in frustration.

- Oh yeah? Wait, is that why you stayed at the window? - I ask her and I know the answer, even before she answers me.

- Yes, that's why, I feel so stupid! He hurt me so much and here I am, feeling sorry for someone who seemed like an angel, but turned out to be a demon. - she gets honest and bites her lip, ashamed.

I'm surprised she's still waiting to find him. Still, I'm not one to judge her. I have spent months and months crying and missing someone who definitely ruined my life.

- Don't feel stupid, I understand. He's an idiot! He reminds me of my ex-boyfriend's best friend. - I grimace when his face comes to mind. - He also cheated on his girlfriend who was on a trip with her family and he never felt guilty or anything. On the contrary, he laughed about it with my ex and his friends.

- Really? - she asks indignantly. - I don't understand how some people make fun of things like that.

- It's really disgusting. Let's see, I never met her because he never introduced her to anyone, but I felt sorry for her. No one deserves to be cheated on. When a friend of ours and I told him that we didn't agree with that, I was told to shut up saying some not very nice things and he, well... he got beaten up for being "unmanly". - I hold back the tears that threaten to come at the memory of that day.

- Oh my God! - she exclaims, her eyes widening like saucers. - Poor guy!

- Yes, it was terrible. It's been a long time since I've seen him and he's one of the few people I miss from my old home. - I say, letting out a sigh.

Damn, I'm getting sentimental now. Control yourself, Eva!

- I can imagine. The good thing is, you have someone to miss and who I'm sure misses you too. I mean, at least not everything in that place was a nightmare for you. - she says to comfort me.

-I'm the one who's supposed to be holding you back. - I say regretfully, causing her to laugh. - I guess we were destined to have idiot exes. We were both fooled by wolves in sheep's clothing. But that only means one thing: that after going through so much, only good things await us.

- If you think about it that way, it's true. - She tilts her head in thought at my words, looking like an adorable little kitten. - It has to be.

- It will be, I know it. - I take her hand and she smiles at me in appreciation. I really feel like I've known her forever and I already know what I need to do or say to help her and make her feel better. - Don't worry, he wasn't your "blue prince", that's all.