ANDRE BURAKOVSKY

"She's going to love you, I promise

"She's going to love you, I promise." Andre tried to reassure you. His family was in town to watch him play for the first time that season and Andre promised his mother that she would get to meet you. He asked to you to go to Sweden with him over the summer to meet his family then, but you couldn't get the time off from work.

To say you were nervous was an understatement. It was extremely important to you that his family liked you. You knew you were very different than the girls he had previously introduced his family to and weren't sure it was a good thing.

"I don't know, Andre. They could hate me. I really want to make a good first impression." You ran your fingers through your hair and paced back and forth. He grabbed your waist and pulled you into him.

"They're not going to hate you, if anything they're going to beg me to keep you around. I probably won't get to see you much this week because they'll keep you as long as they can." Andre kissed the top of your head and took your hands. His words eased your nerves some, but you were still unbelievably nervous. "We better go or we're going to be late." You nodded and followed him out to his car.

You were going to family skate and you hoped your obsolete skills wouldn't interfere with his family's judgment of you. It had never exactly come up in conversation so you figured Andre thought you knew how to skate. It wasn't his fault or anything, but it scared you that you were learning today.

Your leg started bouncing, going completely unnoticed by you until Andre put his hand on your knee to stop it. "You don't need to be nervous, babe." He reassured.

You looked over at your boyfriend, who was already looking at you as he waited on the red light to change. "Andre, I don't know how to skate."

"Then I'll teach you. They're running late anyway. We'll have enough time for you to be somewhat comfortable." He leaned across the console and planted a kiss on your cheek, causing you to smile. "There's that gorgeous smile." You blushed and looked down. Andre had that effect on you and he knew it too.

After parking, the two of you headed inside, fingers intertwined. You peacefully walked into the locker room and noticed a pair of ice skates hanging up in Andre's stall. "Are those for me?" You asked, turning to smile at him.

"Yeah, I thought you'd like ice skates better than hockey skates." He smiled at you and urged you forward to put them on. You excitedly sat down and took the white skates from the hook. Andre got down on one knee in front of you, taking your shoes off while you worked on untying the knot holding the skates together. Once you got them untied, you handed them to him. Andre slipped them on and laced them up for you before putting on his own skates.

"Can you walk or do I need to carry you?" He asked, standing up in front of you.

"I don't know, I guess we'll find out." Andre took your hands and carefully helped you up. You wobbled some before attempting to walk. Key word; attempting. You weren't very coordinated as it was, but walking on thin blades made it about a thousand times worse.

You took about three steps total before Andre scooped you up in his arms and smiled down at you. "Thanks, Burkie." You reached up a placed a kiss on his cheek.

"No problem, babe. I can't have you falling before we even get out on the ice." He smiled at you as he walked out of the locker room.

"You won't let me fall, right?"

"I already did." He smiled down at you and walked down the short hallway that led out to the rink. You looked at him in confusion. "You fell for me." He grinned at his cleverness.

"You, Andre Marcus Burakovsky, are the cheesiest person I have ever met." You blushed and hid your face in his shoulder.

"But seriously, I'll only let you fall once or twice." He just loved to mess with you. You didn't mind because you gave it right back.

"If you let me fall you'll be the only one not getting any tonight." You were serious too. You didn't feel like busting your ass, especially in front of Andre's family.

"Yeah, Burkie doesn't like the sound of that." He entered the rink and stepped onto the ice. He carefully set you down and held onto your waist until you felt more stable.  "I don't really know how to explain this but you just kinda push off." You looked at him then down at your feet. You had watched almost all your boyfriend's hockey games so you kinda knew what he was talking about. You started to push off, doing more wobbling than pushing. "There you go baby! That's it!" Andre encouraged, smiling wide. You smiled back at him and placed your hands over his, letting him know it was okay to give you more room. You began to push off and glide slowly. It got easier and easier the more you skated. You didn't even realize Andre had let go of you completely and was skating in front of you, making sure you didn't fall.

"I'm doing it! I'm doing it!" You cried, losing your balance. Andre grabbed your waist and pulled you up, keeping you from hitting the ice.

"Well, you were doing it." He laughed.

"Oh, shut up. I'm better than I was fifteen minutes ago." You laughed. A loving smile rested on his lips and he tucked a strand of hair behind your ear.

"What did I do to deserve you?" Andre asked, pulling you into his chest.

"I think you just got lucky." You joked, placing your hand on his cheek.

"I love you, Y/N Y/L/N." He placed a sweet kiss on your lips.

"I love you too, Baby Burkie." You wrapped your arms around his neck, lightly pecking him.

"You've gotta quit calling me that." Andre laughed.

"Not until there are baby Burkies running around." A big smile appeared on his face, making his eyes light up.

"You want a family with me?" He asked, happily.

"Of course, maybe in a few years though."

"How many baby Burkies do you want?" You could have said ten and he wouldn't have cared. He always thought about having a family with you and now that he knew you wanted one too it made him fall in love with you so much more.

"Two or three, but I really want a boy first, then a girl, and maybe another boy. I'd be happy with either though." You could picture your little family with Andre and it was absolutely perfect.

"You better marry her, Andre!" You turned around to find the source of the thick Swedish accent. Your cheeks turned bright red when you saw the Burakovsky family watching from the other side of the glass.

"Don't worry mom, she's the one."