AUSTON MATTHEWS

You were at a New Years Eve party third wheeling with your friend and her boyfriend and you weren't really sure why you agreed to go in the first place, knowing you would just end up getting lost

You were at a New Years Eve party third wheeling with your friend and her boyfriend and you weren't really sure why you agreed to go in the first place, knowing you would just end up getting lost. You did get lost, at the worst possible time. Five minutes to midnight.

You wandered around, trying to find your friends. When the count down begun you stopped and looked around.

"Five!" Your friends were no where to be found.

"Four!" You reached up and brushed a strand of hair away as you saw all the couples around you preparing for their New Years kiss.

"Three!" You pressed your red solo cup up to your lips and downed the last of the alcoholic drink.

"Two!" You noticed a trash can close by so you tossed your cup in.

"One!" You weren't sure who it was, but someone pressed their lips to yours. At first you didn't know how to react, but the passion pulled you in. Everything faded away and it felt like it was just the two of you standing there, lips moving in sync. Indescribable feelings surged through your body. It was almost as if a fire was ignited in your heart and no other feeling you'd ever had could compare to the one you felt when your lips molded perfectly with the stranger you were locked in a kiss with.

His lips tasted like a mix of strawberry chapstick and whiskey, and oddly enough, it was a good combination. You weren't drunk, but he made you feel like you were. He was intoxicating.

You reached up and placed one hand on his cheek and wrapped the other arm around his neck. His hands found your hips and pulled you closer to him, making your skin burn through the denim of your skinny jeans. Whoever you were making out with sure knew how to make your head spin.

After pulling away breathless, and not just because you ran out of air, you finally got a good look at him. Jesus Christ, you thought, tugging your bottom lip between your teeth to keep from saying anything, he's gorgeous. His dark honey eyes scanned over you, just as yours did him. A few pieces of his dirty blonde hair had fallen across his forehead and an unreadable smile rested on his lips. "Hi." You breathed.

"You wanna get out of here?" He asked, quickly gaining his composure.

"Who said I wanted to go home with you?" You asked, taking a small step back and letting go of his face.

"Who said I wanted to take you home with me?" He countered, with a shit eating grin on his face.

"Then where are we going?" You asked as one of his large hands slipped in between your fingers.

"I don't know, but I feel like this party isn't a great place to get to know the gorgeous girl I just made out with." He told you before leading you through the crowd and out the front door. For some strange unknown reason, you trusted him. He seemed nice enough, and whether you like to admit it or not, you hoped to see him again after that night.

"You know, it'd probably be a good idea to tell a girl your name before you kiss her." You joked as the two of you walked down the pathway that led up to the front door.

"Better late than never." He shrugged, making a few pieces of hair fell from their place, causing him to run his fingers through his hair in an attempt to fix it.

"I guess."

"My name is Auston, by the way." Auston, you thought, very fitting.

"Y/N. I would say nice to meet you, but we kinda already met." You laughed.

"Maybe I should start meeting all girls that way." Auston laughed along with you.

"Yeah, if you want to get slapped." You continued to joke.

"Okay, so maybe I won't do that." He smiled at you and opened the passenger door of a sleek, black BMW. That meant either his parents were rich or he was damn good at something. You smiled and thanked him before he closed the door. Auston walked around the front of the car and climbed in the drivers seat. "I feel like you're not Canadian." Auston looked over at you as he started the car.

"You'd be correct. I'm actually from Marquette, Michigan." You replied, buckling your seatbelt.

"What are you doing in Toronto?" Auston asked, turning the key and bringing the engine to life.

"I got enough scholarships to go Ryerson."

The two of you drove around all night and got to know each other before heading to your apartment, as both of you had hit the wall. You changed your clothes and gave Auston a pair of your older brother's basketball shorts. You climbed into your large bed awkwardly with him. You weren't sure if he wanted to cuddle and you weren't going to ask.

After just laying there in silence for several minutes, Auston wrapped his strong arms around you and pulled you into his bare chest. You got comfortable in his arms then looked up to find him already looking at you. "What is going to happen to us in the morning?" You asked, scanning over his face.

"I don't know, but the one thing I do know is I want to see you again. Your absolutely stunning and I would be crazy to let you walk out of my life." Auston said, causing a smile to break out on your face. You reached up and planted a small kiss on his lips.

"Good, because I'd like to continue seeing you." He smiled and kissed you once more before you settled back in his arms and fell asleep.