LEON DRAISAITL PART 3

LeonThrees days

Leon
Threes days. Three days I waited by the phone. I picked it up every ten minutes just to make sure I hadn't missed anything, only to be disappointed when all I saw was my screen saver of Y/N and I cuddling on couch together.

If only I could go back to then, when I wasn't about to lose Y/N, when things were good. I knew that even if Y/N did decide to give me a second chance, things would never be the same. She'd never be able to trust me the same way, she'd always be more guarded towards me. I wouldn't blame her if she decided she didn't want to fix things, but man, would I blame myself. Not only would I blame myself, I would never forgive myself either. I would rather give up hockey than give up Y/N.

Suddenly, knowing how get Y/N back, I quickly got up and rushed out the door, car keys in hand. I quickly pulled out my phone and called Ebs.

"How's it going, Leon?"

"Are you busy right now?" I asked quickly, stepping into the elevator.

"No, why?" He asked.

"I'll be there in twenty minutes." I said before hanging up.

Twenty minutes later I was standing at Jordan's door, knocking rapidly. The door swung open to reveal a tired looking Lauren. "How are things with Y/N?" She asked, opening the door wider, allowing me to come in.

"She hasn't called me yet and I'm worried she won't call." Jordan wandered into the room and placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Don't worry man, she'll call." I let out a deep breath and sat down on the near by couch.

Lauren sat next to me and rubbed her hand up and down my back as my head fell to my hands. "I think she's had enough time. I'll call her and see where she is so you can talk with her and get everything straightened out."

Y/N
You swiped through all the photos of you and Leon, tears rising in your eyes. You had forgiven him, but for some reason you just couldn't ever press the call button.

"Ex boyfriend?" You snapped out of your trance and looked up to the bartender.

"Things are complicated between us right now." You said, wiping at the tears that threatened to fall.

"What do you mean?"

"Long story short; he accused me of cheating and spite cheated. I've forgiven him, but I just don't know if I can be with him anymore?" You didn't mean for it to come out as a question, hell, you didn't even want to talk about it with some random fifty year old bartender.

"Do you love him?" He asked, leaning his forearms on the wood across from me.

"I'll never stop loving him. Up until this point, he's the one I saw myself marrying, having kids with, growing old with. I still want all those things with him." You sighed, taking a drink of your beer.

"Then let's do it. Will you marry me, Y/N?" You turned your chair around to see Leon had dropped down on one knee with a beautiful diamond ring clutched in his hand.

"Leon..." You couldn't get any other words to form. You hadn't expected him to show up at your day drinking party, and you definitely hadn't expected him to propose.

"I know this really out of blue, but I've actually been thinking about it for a while. These past three days without you have been absolutely terrible. I can't live without you, I really can't. I never want to lose you, even if that means giving up hockey." Tears formed in your eyes as you listened to his speech. Any doubts about getting back together went out the window. It was going to be you and Leon till the very end. "I love you, Y/N, more than you'll ever know, as much I'll try to tell you. Please make me the happiest man in the world and marry me?"

"Yes."

"Really?" He had a hopeful and surprised look on his face.

"Yes." The two of you shared a tearful smile as he slid the ring on your finger. You flung yourself into his arms and held on for dear life. Leon's arms wrapped around you, holding you just as tight.

"God, I love you so much." Leon mumbled into your hair.

So that's it, the final part! I hope y'all enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it!