Crushed

After the very, very long trudge back up the mountain, they managed to avoid any monsters. Zwei was patiently waiting for them at the top. Ruby and Weiss put up a tent. Hmm, where did I...? Ruby looked for her tent, but remembered she unpacked it to fit Zwei into her backpack. Crap. Ruby thought, face-palming, Wait, does that mean I have to either sleep outside in the cold... Or sleep... with WEISS?? Ruby thought, blushing. Ruby looked over to the heiress, who was cuddling Zwei. Lucky butt Ruby thought, referring to the dog. Ruby went up to Weiss and asked, blushing, "Weiss, my best friend!! Umm, can I sleep in the same tent with you? It's a funny story, actually, you see--" Ruby got cut off, yet again by the Ice Queen, "Fine." Weiss said, bluntly, "But don't get any funny ideas." Ruby looked at Weiss with a scarlet tint in her cheeks.

As Weiss, hugging Zwei, and Ruby slept in the tent, they heard a screech. Ruby jumped at the sound and grabbed Crescent Rose, "What the hell was that?" Ruby asked Weiss. Weiss got up, more calmly than her frantic teammate, and picked up her weapon. The Ice Queen peeked outside the tent, and saw a Nevermore. Weiss quickly put down her weapon, changed out of her pajamas, and put on her normal battle clothes. All in front of Ruby, who was looking away blushing madly. OH my Grimm she just... changed.. in.. front.. of... me. I mean it's not like it was weird, we're both girls and all, why do I think it was weird, is it getting hot in here or is it just the humidity? Probably just the humidity-- Ruby's thoughts got cut off when Weiss yelled at her, "Ruby, you dolt! Hurry up and get changed, if you're not aware, there's a bloody Nevermore outside!" Weiss picked up Myrtenaster and went outside the tent to face the Nevermore. Ruby changed out of her pajamas and into her battle clothes as fast as she could. She grabbed Crescent Rose and charged out of the tent, looking over her shoulder to say, "Stay, Zwei!"

Now that Ruby is out on the battlefield, she could see the Nevermore. It's.. so much larger than the other Nevermores! Ruby thought, scared and impressed. Ruby saw Weiss using her semblance to get a more powerful hit into the Nevermore, but it didn't do too much damage. Damn! Weiss thought to herself. She used as much power she could at once into that hit, but it barely did anything to the oversized Grimm. Ruby charged at the beast, shooting at it with Crescent Rose. As Ruby got closer the the Nevermore, she changed her weapon into her scythe and slashed at the beast, leaving a long scratch down the side of the Nevermore. The Nevermore screeched in pain and tried attacking Ruby with it's wings. Ruby dodged the attack, but barely. Weiss saw the opportunity to attack the monster by aiming at it's wound. She changed the element in Myrtenaster to ice, and attacked the Nevermore. The Nevermore fell to it's side, but Ruby happened to be there and the monster crushed Weiss's beloved Ruby.

When the Nevermore landed on top of Ruby, Weiss heard a crack. She wasn't sure if it was the Nevermore, Crescent Rose, or Ruby, but the heiress started to panic. She knew the Nevermore was dead, but she wasn't sure if her teammate was too.