Chapter 22- Im back!

Joeys POV

Me and Cat decided to just pretend that nothing happened between us earlier. The fact that she was now sober helped.

In today's challenge we had to carry a tarantula to a small village nearby on foot. When we get there we have to canoe down this river with snakes and spiders in it to the finish line. Cat must've though I was crazy for wanting to hold the spider, but I wanted to finish as fast as possible, for Meghan.

We were so close to the finish line. That's when I realized Dave and Connor were already there. I felt the tears coming to my eyes. I felt that we had done so good, all for nothing. We got out of the canoe and I slouched to Phil.

"Welcome Cat, Joey." He said nodding at us.

"As you can see, you're not the first team here." I get it. We failed Meghan. "However, Dave and Connor have a penalty, they ran along the river instead of canoeing down it. So that now puts you two in first place."

"Oh my god! Joey!" Cat hugged me.

"This is awesome! Good job girl!" I said to Cat, not wanting to sound too sweet to her so people wouldn't think I was dating her or anything.

"As the first place team for Leg 2, you win a free trip to Hawaii for two! And.." Phil looked behind at his plane. "Come on out!" The jets side door opened up, revealing Meghan and her baby bump jogging herself over to us.

"Meghan!" She reached me and wouldn't let go.

"As you can now tell, everytime you finish in first, you can see your encourager, which would be Meghan. She will be able to stay with you until tomorrow at the start of the next race." Phil explained, Meghan still hugging me. The cameras on us were turned off so we could follow the workers to our taxi, Dave and Connor following behind.

• • •

At the Hotel

Meghan's POV

"So what did the doctor say? Is the baby going to be alright?"

"She said that due to my stress, it can cause the baby to be born premature. As for the pain in my stomach last night, they had no idea, but said that it didn't effect the baby."

"That's horrible. But I still can't believe you're here."

"Yeah me either!" Cat said, coming out if the bathroom after her shower.

"I don't want you to leave me tomorrow." Joey said pulling me closer to him on the bed. The only thing between his chest and mine is the baby.

"I love you so much Joey." I started kissing him. He kissed back while pulling me on top of him. It was so passionate, almost as if neither of us knew we were in a crappy hotel bed with our best friend probably now watching us. I don't care. I'll I care about is seeing Joey and knowing the baby will most likely be okay.

"You guys almost done? It's been almost two hours and all you've done is laid in the bed eating each other's face."

"Oops sorry Cat. We kinda forgot what was happening."

"It's okay. I think we should get some sleep though. Tomorrow morning will come pretty rough if we're tired."

• • •

Hey guys! I know this chapter is pretty short but it's the best I can do with my Anime/Walking Dead addiction! I finished AOT btw and it was epic. I'm on season 2 of TWD and I probably made a community pool out of my tears already. But I'm going to be updating again on Thursday so don't worry! Thank you all for all the reads and the votes by the way! ❤️😊 -Lexi