.oOo. Annabeth .oOo.

The cool air in the train smelled like it was created in a laboratory. But fake as it seemed, it was a blissful break from the sizzle of electricity and metal in the air and the smoke that came with it. Our mentors were yet to come, and the Capitol representative had left, no doubt to fix his makeup, so Leo and I were more or less left on our own.

"So," Leo said, drawing out the word extra long. "That was that."

"Yeah," I replied, taking in everything. Don't trust anything, that was my first instinct of the place.

"What do we do now?" Leo asked, jumping onto a plush chair. "I wonder if the others have gotten it to here yet. Or if they've been attacked by a monst—"

I put up my hand to silence him, glancing around. 'No one make any Greek or Latin references,' I warned suddenly everyone in my head.

Leo looked at me, confused, while I searched for what I was looking for. I knew it was here, I just wasn't sure where to look for it. But judging from my past experiences so far in this timeline—

"There," I muttered to Leo. "Against that light."

He looked up and squinted against the bright light, but I knew he would find it faster than me. It was obvious, as the son of the mechanic god.

"A camera." He muttered in awe. "That's some top quality mechanisms too. And they angled it perfectly so the glare from the light wouldn't prevent it from seeing everything, but it's also just right so the glare of the light is right in our eyes."

I looked around the rest of the room, and sure enough there were several other cameras positioned so there was a constant 360 degree view.

A sleek silver door on the side slides open, and two middle-aged looking people came in. One of them had glasses on, the other was tall and wiry.

"So, we didn't really get to formally introduce ourselves," the male mentor said. "I'm Beetee, and this is Wiress."

"Leo Mc Shizzle, Bad Boy Supreme," Leo replied, sticking his hand out with a goofy grin on his face. I rolled my eyes.

"Annabeth Chase."

"You haven't broken down yet," Wiress noted. I raised an eyebrow.

"You don't get anywhere by crying. We're already Reaped, and tears are a weakness and a waste of time. The best thing you can do now is prepare yourself," I said. Beetee looked impressed.

"This one's a fighter," he said to Wiress, who nodded vigorously.

Leo rolled his eyes. "Ignore her," he said. "She takes the fun out of everything."

"So the best thing you can do is prepare yourself, that's true, but let's not get caught up in all of it just right now. Your chambers are over that way, if you want to rest a little. It's pretty luxurious, so don't push random buttons if you don't know what they do."

Leo pouted. "How are you supposed to know what they do then?" He asked.

Beetee cracked a smile. "Fair point."

Leo and I headed over to where they said our chambers were. "See you at dinner, then?" Leo asked me, already peeking in to see what fancy devices they had in there. I grinned. "Don't blow us up."

Leo gasped in mock offense. "When have I ever blown anything up?"

I raised an eyebrow again. "Need I list how many times you have?"

Leo put his hands up in mock surrender. "All right, all right, chill, Chase." He backed up and shut the door.

The rooms were grand, even compared to the luxurious life in America, our time. We might have machines and technology and Festus the bronze dragon, but they had completely futuristic stuff. Which would make sense, I thought, as we were in the future.

I quickly showered though I'm wasn't very dirty, and tied my hair up in a ponytail. Thanks to the soaps and instant-hair-drier things here, my hair was the smoothest it's ever been in my life. The closets have an assortment of clothing, so I just picked out a soft orange shirt. It wasn't exactly a Camp Half-Blood T-shirt, but it made me feel at home.

Wiress knocked on the door. "Supper time," she called out softly.

Leo was tinkering with the forks when I entered. His toolbelt pockets were open, loose bolts and screws all over his plate. I wrinkled my nose.

"That's not very sanitary."

"It'll be worth it. Look!" he held out what he made. "It feeds you." As if to prove his point, he cranked a dial and the fork stabbed a single pea, bringing it up to Leo's mouth.

"That's impressive," Beetee says, leaning over. "How'd you make it so quickly?"

Leo wiggled his eyebrows. "They don't call me Leo McShizzle for nothing."

"No one calls you that," I said.

"You're just jealous you don't have a spoon-feeder thing for yourself."

.oOo.

We watched a recap of the Reapings after dinner. I noted down everyone in my mind.

Hazel and Marvel from One. Marvel might be an Athena camper, or Apollo, I mused.

Cato and Clove  from Two. Cato was definitely Ares, but Clove was uncertain.

Leo and I from Three.

Percy and Allie from Four. Allie was also uncertain, her face giving away no emotion.

Jason and Audrey from Five. Audrey was possibly Nike, from the way her eyes flashed defiantly when her name was called.

Nico and Lodi from Six. Lodi looked like she might've been a warrior if she wasn't so underfed.

Kalex  and Aivilia from Seven. Kalex and Aivilia both had brown eyes and resembled each other enough to be siblings, possibly children of Hermes or maybe Hephaestus?

Piper and Ethan from Eight. Ethan resembled Persephone somewhat, but I couldn't be certain.

Waylan and Hayley from Nine. Waylan looked almost identical to Malcolm, but Hayley I wasn't sure.

Frank and Thalia from Ten.

Thresh and Rue from Eleven. Thresh was pretty similar to Beckendorf, but Rue was the complete opposite of a Hephaestus camper.

Katniss and Peeta from Twelve.

"She was pretty desperate," Wiress commented. I agree, looking carefully at her face. Zeus said that this year, every participant was a demigod. She had high cheekbones that resembled Piper's somewhat, naturally curved down lips like Nico's, and gray eyes like mine. She could be a daughter of anyone. Then I remembered her sister. Blonde hair and bright blue eyes, like Will Solace from the Apollo Cabin. A gentle face, like Hestia when she's in her child form. I shake my head in frustration. I won't know until I've seen their talents.

The boy, Peeta, had a stocky build, like an Ares camper. He had similar blonde hair and blue eyes, again like from the Apollo cabin, but pale skin, which I couldn't identify.

Leo seemed to be reading my thoughts. "You'll work yourself to death trying to get it," he said.

"We'll figure them out in the arena," I agreed.