.oOo. Nico .oOo.

Hazel and I debated whether or not to go help more tributes or regroup with the others. After looking at the groups, we decided to go find Audrey, from district 5. After all, things were beginning to slow down in the Games, and hopefully that would speed up some action.

"She's in the fields though," Hazel said after consulting the map. "We can either go the long way, around the lake, or sneak around on the edge of the career base."

I thought for a moment. "Let's go near the base," I decided with a mischievous smile. "Spice things up a bit."

The trek to the Career's base was long for a hike but a short distance compared to some of the other distances we walked. Neither of us spoke. Finally, we reached the edge of the forest.

"Okay," I whispered as we crouched in the bushes. "I'm going to sneak in and grab something." The Careers were both focused on the tracker jacker stings anyways. Cato and Clove were cursing every time they moved. Leo sat on top of the cornucopia, out of their angry lashing reaches.

"No!" Hazel grabbed my arm. "You can't. Leo armed the place. The entire thing is a land mine. I should go, I know where they are."

I shook my head. "They'll see you. And you're not exactly popular with them right now."

Hazel grinned at me. "Then if they start chasing me, they'll run through the mines and blow up. Trust me, I know what I'm doing. All we need is some food. And who knows? If I'm seen, maybe we can delay the Capitol-forced action for a few days," she added in a low voice.

"Fine." I sat on my heels as Hazel picked her way over carefully. Leo glanced in her direction but quickly looked away, whistling as he stared up at the sky, the trees, the lake, anywhere but her. Honestly, it was horrible acting.

Hazel crept closer, her breathing shallow. I could tell she wasn't using the Mist because a) the cameras are no doubt fixed on her, and b) it ruined the whole point of causing action if she's not seen. Yeah, we didn't want her to be seen, but it wouldn't be bad if she was either.

It was a good thing we agreed it was okay for her to be seen, because seen she was.

"Traitor!" Clove screamed suddenly, standing up furiously and glaring at Hazel, her hands wrapping around a knife nearby. Hazel's grip had just locked around a black sack, and she froze, looking at Clove. Her face split into a very un-Hazel-like grin and she stuck her tongue out at them, and darted away.

"Catch!" Hazel yelled, and chucked the sack at me. She then began her careful hopscotch back, crouching down low.

But not low enough.

There was a faint whizzing noise. A thunk. A crash of someone falling on dirt.

"HAZEL!" I screamed, standing up. A knife protruded from Hazel's back, buried deep inside. Dam, that Clove was a good shot. And I hated her for it. Hazel, by some miracle, didn't land on any mines. The black sack of food lay on the ground between us, but I didn't care about the food anymore. I reached for my sword, but came up empty. I was defenseless, and Clove had another knife ready in her hands. Her gaze was pinned solidly on me.

Cursing, I stepped backwards. Clove let her knife go, but I was ready and dodged the blade. It landed with a thunk in a tree behind me . Resisting the urge to shadow travel in and completely brain her, I ran into the trees. I grabbed the knife on the way.

A cannon boomed. I glared at the sky as a hovercraft appeared and a claw came down. I knew Hazel was in the Capitol, but it didn't relieve me in the slightest.

.oOo. Annabeth .oOo.

My gaze jerked up to the sky as the cannon boomed.

"Another death," Katniss said.

"Yeah." Jason glanced up too, as if he could see their picture. "I wonder who died."

"Hope it's not one of us," I said worriedly. But the odds were not in our favor. There were more demigods than normal tributes in the arena. Even though they technically were all demigods... Correction. There were more trained demigods than normal tributes in the arena. Although, technically they were all trained too... CORRECTION. There were more demigods from Camp Half Blood than normal tributes. Shut up, ADHD!

"What do you mean, one of us?" Rue inquired.

Jason and I glanced at each other. "We'll explain later."

Katniss looked at us suspiciously but didn't press. I busied myself in searching through a bush for lack of nothing better to do. We were slowly making our way anywhere, which was towards the Career camp according to the map.

"We need a plan," Katniss said suddenly. We all looked at her, and she folded her arms. "All we've been doing is wandering around aimlessly. We need a plan. Take out someone. Maybe the careers. That would be helpful."

"It's only Cato and Clove left," Jason added.

"But they have all the supplies," Rue said. "They're so strong."

I smiled down at Rue. "We're strong too. Just in different way."

"We don't rely on other things to protect us," Katniss added on. "We use our wits." She tapped Rue's forehead, making her giggle.

"What can we do that they can't?" Jason asked, bringing the attention back to the plan.

"You can hunt," Rue supplied, nodding to Katniss.

"And you can feed yourself," said Katniss. "But can they?"

"They don't need to," Rue said ruefully. "They've got all the supplies."

"But say they didn't," I interjected. "Say the supplies were gone. How long would they last?"

"It is the Hunger Games, after all." A smile toyed at Katniss's lips.

"But they're not hungry," Rue said.

"No, they're not. That's the problem," Katniss said. "I think we're going to have to fix that."