Worth The Drive

The interviewer must have been asking something about the movie to Harrison, but Carrie could only focus on his hand, flicking his lit cigarette. The way his lips envelop it and the way the smoke comes out of his mouth so effortlessly... Carrie was utterly enthralled. The way Harrison answers even the most trivial questions with the most eloquent and intelligent remarks, the way his gaze focuses and his eyes glimmer... Carrie was pining for him, holding out for a fantasy that'll never ever happen...

When Carrie's time came to promote the movie, Harrison relaxed in his place, ready to zone out for a bit, since the trip to France was a bit tiring. He brought the cigarette to his lips, absentmindedly draping an arm around Carrie. He felt her stiffen and they shared a shy smile. Her lips shimmered because of the pink lip-gloss and Harrison's heart suddenly fluttered. And Harrison's heart NEVER flutters, which was rather unsettling. How could this young, goofy, innocent girl stir something so... exciting inside of him? He decided to dismiss it promptly.

The cameras started rolling and the interviewer fumbled for his notes as Carrie stared at him blankly, like she was somewhere else. Was she... nervous? "She couldn't be.", Harrison thought. Her whole life revolved around show business, she was born to do this.

The moment the first question was asked, Harrison was stunned. And it became all too evident, as he rapidly shifted his head towards her. He knew she spoke French, but he didn't know she spoke it fluently. She felt his shift, his sudden attention, and stuttered. And this time he knew why. It was because of him. He immersed himself in her voice, in her sultry accent, her French persona, so much sexier than the "girl next door." It was the most marvelous discovery that he'd ever made. He couldn't get enough of it. It was driving him crazy; it was like he was on a high. A wonderful high he didn't want to get off of.

When the interview ended, Harrison felt light headed. Someone led him and Carrie towards the exit of the studios, through endless corridors and rooms. He felt like every step he took was making him heavier and more nervous. He just couldn't wrap his mind around what had just happened. He'd felt it before, small hints of attraction towards Carrie. He'd noticed her hazel hair sometimes or her sweet smile. But nothing like this. No, this time it was different. He was love-sick, infatuated with his impossibly childish, cute co-star. Could she notice? He was awfully quiet. Maybe she'd think he was worn-out from the trip. Or maybe, just maybe she was feeling it too.

All of this back-and-forth in his mind was driving him crazy. He was raging with desire. And Carrie talking to people in French as they were about to leave wasn't helping one bit. So he decided to do the only thing he could think of: he tugged on the sleeve of her blue and white jacket and winked at her. She smiled back, a hopeful smile. She was like quicksand. He couldn't take it anymore.

He motioned towards a room next to them and Carrie followed. Soon after, she was against the wall, his hands cupping her small, round face. He was so close he could see all of her freckles, like a constellation spread on her face.

"What are we doing, Harrison?" she whispered. He grinned and tugged on a strand of her hair. She leaned on his rough hand, feeling its warmth. His name had echoed through her mind ever since she'd first laid eyes on him. He stared right into her eyes, so softly.

"I... I don't know Carrie. You just make me so... reckless." As he said this, Carrie's eyes widened. She made him reckless? She couldn't believe it.

Their lips got closer every second, savoring the moment. Harrison's hand traveled the length of her waist and she felt like she would melt right there. And then everything stopped.

His lips were on hers, warm and soft, like a summer breeze. Her top lip was trapped in between his, sucking gently. She bit his bottom lip, causing a moan to escape from his mouth. She was memorizing every millisecond, saving it for a rainy day. Her hands traveled to his hair, breaking up the kiss. They looked at each other. Harrison tilted his head, as if asking for permission. She reached up and whispered into his ear, "You make me reckless."

He smiled his usual smile, eyes crinkling as she gently kissed the tip of his nose. Then, she kissed his left cheek, causing goosebumps to take over Harrison's body. Her lips moved to his right cheek, triggering him to tighten his grip on her. This, he had decided, was pure bliss, but also tremendously treacherous. He'd sworn he wouldn't fall for her. Yet, he could only hear the sound of his own voice asking her to stay. This wasn't safe. This would cause all sorts of awkward entanglements. However, Harrison thought, nothing safe is worth the drive.