Has anyone ever written anything for you?

Carrie was pretty much alone. Everyone around her was engaging in meaningless small talk and she was definitely bored. She excused herself to the hundredth person she has been introduced to during that night alone. She glanced around the darkened room, hoping to see something that would catch her eye. She didn't have to glance around much though, as she quickly saw Harrison flirting with some woman. But she dismissed it promptly. Actually, it scared her how much she didn't care. I mean, it wasn't like she didn't care so much as she was just so... used to it by now. They were not in an official relationship, but he meant something to her. He meant more to her than she would like to admit.

As she zigzagged through the endless crowd of big dresses and bowties, she felt her gaze drift off to Harrison and the woman. They were closer together by this point, his hand around her waist and Carrie could only hear her giggle. Then the music changed and she held Harrison's hand, bringing him closer to the dance floor. He hesitated for a minute, looking around the room, spending a little extra time in the area Carrie had been previously siting. She huffed, shook her head and darted to the closest door, hoping to grab a smoke.

When the cool air of the night struck Carrie's skin, she wrapped her arms around her, leaning up against the wall. She fished a cigarette out of her purse, annoyed and still hot-headed from what she'd just seen. When the she finished the cigarette, she opened the door to go back to the party and looked around for Harrison. He was still dancing. Her eyes narrowed and she made her way swiftly towards him, making sure to let her hair down.

"Excuse me, can I borrow him for a second?" Carrie didn't wait for the woman's response, as she quickly wrapped her arms around Harrison's neck. She winked at him through her hurt and sorrow, swinging them to the rhythm of the song. Her hips were swaying, every second getting closer to him. He was certainly stunned, but his face showed only contentment.

"What was that Carrie?" he asked, a bit upset.

"You were meant to be dancing with me." She simply stated. As the music changed to a faster paced beat, Carrie moved her hands down his arms, then his torso, ending with a seductive twirl. Unable to take it any longer, Harrison placed his hands around her waist, pulling her closer. Even when their chests were inches apart, noses brushing and lips a breath away from locking, Carrie and Harrison still wanted more.

They were now moving at the same rhythm, and dampness was overwhelming. Sweat covered their hair, but they were still latching to each other for dear life on the dance floor. When Carrie awoke from this trance, she realized nearly everyone was looking at them. He kept on smiling like a little kid. She brought her lips closer to his, smiling hugely. She teased him, kissing the corners of his mouth, enveloping his earlobe with her lips. He then whispered: "Wanna get out of here darling?"

The car pulled up and they rushed inside. Before Carrie could even close the door, Harrison's hands were already on her. She had to control herself for a minute. She was still angry. She rushed to the bedroom and he followed, spinning her around, catching her by the waist. He then proceeded to untie the back of her dress, but she wouldn't give up that easily. She ran to the other side of the room, giggling. He caught up with her, intending to resume what he had been doing. However, she turned around, grabbing his hands, placing a chaste kiss on his cheek, and saying: "Not tonight, hotshot." She brushed past him, ignoring the ever so concerned look on his face.

"What do you mean?" he wasn't one to beg for sex, but he was truly confused. "C'mon Carrie, you don't have to play hard to get." As he said this, nonchalantly, she pivoted on her heels and shot him an angry look and blurted out:

"Play hard to get? Fuck you Harrison!" she then went on rummaging through her drawers, trying to look busy. He got closer, running his hands along her bare arms. She pushed him away.

"Sweetheart, what's the matter?" he was clearly getting annoyed.

"Oh, you don't get to "sweetheart" me. Not after the way you treated me. The way you treat me." She was boiling with anger. And not just because of tonight. In social situations, he never shows the slightest hint of affection towards her, and often flirts with other women. Carrie had had enough of it.

"I don't get it Carrie, would you just explain it before you get all crazy again?"

"Oh my God I can't believe you! You know that woman you were dancing with tonight? Why in the fucking hell did you think that I would accept that with open arms? You made me look like a fool!"

"Okay, calm down darling. Belle just approached me, it wasn't like I was going to be rude. She was nice, you know..."

"Oh, she's nice! Have you been smoking something stronger than usual Harrison!? If she so nice, you should go and fuck her! I'm sure she'd be down." Carrie's hand were waving in the air, gesturing towards him.

"Why are you acting like this now? You've never been angry about anything like this before!" He was trying to calm her down, coming closer to her.

"Well, I should've! I don't exist purely to satisfy your needs whenever you feel like it! If you want that, you should ask Janelle!" she had to move away from him, as his tall stature was making her uncomfortable.

"I never said you did. And her name is Belle, by the way."

"I don't fucking care if her name is Belle or Queen Elizabeth, she's not the one who—" her voice wavers as she thinks about what she was just going to reveal. She waves him off, turning around, wrapping her arms around herself. She could feel the tears pooling on her eyes and she wasn't going to cry in front of him.

"Hey, Carrie. Come here." He said, almost whispering. He felt his throat close then and there. She didn't move an inch. She couldn't.

"Tell me. Who are you then?" she turned around, fully exposing her red eyes and wet cheeks.

"Fuck, Harrison. I'm someone who has always been there for you! I kiss you every morning, I keep your bed warm, I work with you, I support you, even when I don't agree." She was crying in full force now. She just wanted to let it all out in the open. "I share your cigarette, I fix your hair before interviews and I run lines with you." She plowed through the tears and the resentment and the sadness, feeling empty as ever. Feeling so... vulnerable. She had been his for longer than he knew. "I was there when you got divorced, I dried your tears, I whispered sweet things to you, I... I just didn't breathe for you because I couldn't. I would do anything for you." They were now both crying on the floor, still apart. He couldn't bear to look at her. He felt awful. He felt like he was dying inside. He couldn't believe that after everything she had been through, she was still hurting. And she was hurting because of him. He was so stupid. He couldn't even begin to explain to her why he acted like he did. He couldn't even begin to apologize.

"I listen when you talk about your damned philosophers and I ignore all the women that crawl to you, because what am I supposed to do other than pretend that I'm fine with it? I'm not jealous, I'm not needy. I even wrote you stupid, embarrassing, humiliating love letters. Has anyone written anything for you, Harrison?" she was shouting now, but she was quiet inside. She had nothing left but the echo of their love affair.

The moon lit the room where the only thing you could hear was silent sobbing and hearts breaking. After a while of not saying anything, Carrie rose to her feet, feeling empowered. She left Harrison on the floor, undressing and getting ready for bed. She brushed her teeth, put on her night cream, taking her sweet time. She then walked toward the bed, where a hunched Harrison sat, waiting patiently. When he saw her enter the room, he got up, took a deep breath and said: "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry Carrie." He sighed and waited for the crying to come to an end. "I love you. I truly love you. I know you won't believe me. I mean, how could you? I hurt you. I hurt you so bad and I wasn't even thinking properly. I... I love you so much and I don't want to lose you. I can't lose you." These last four word came out like a breath, taking Carrie off guard. She couldn't forgive him. No, not yet. But she did love him. That much she knew for sure.

"I can't forgive you Harrison. At least, not right this instant." He nodded, ready to leave her alone, ready to live with his loss. But then... Then, it was like a miracle was conceived in heaven and this simple sentence pooled out of Carrie's being, putting an end to this eventful night.

"I love you despite all of this and... and I can't live without you too."