Love Like This

A/N: RATED M: angsty and smutty set in May of 1976 during the George Lucas party where they kiss for the first time

The party is in full swing when Harrison arrives . His white shirt and his black pants feel all too formal and uncomfortable. He pushes the door to the restaurant where all the cast and crew are drinking and mingling.

As he walks further into the crowd, a couple of people tone down their voices and stare. He can swear they would even do a courtesy if Harrison stares at them any longer. .

He knows he has this effect on people, it is unsettling and verge on awkward. He doesn't like it. Well, he doesn't like it most of the time.

But when it's with Carrie...

He loves how she changes her expression in the blink of an eye when he walks into a room. It's the most endearing mixture between a high school crush and a scared and intimidated little girl. No, not endearing, daring. He even does it on purpose sometimes just to test her. He loves to see how her eyes darken and how her posture suddenly becomes more tense and straight. She is trying, somehow, to look taller, older and more experienced.

He navigates through the guests, trying to reach George and hopefully get a hold of scotch. He sees Mark chatting with a drink already in his hand and a sensation of jealousy strikes Harrison. He envies Mark and how easily it is for him to make friends. He's the sweet guy, who is friends with everyone, while Harrison is the older, mature and stern one. He never says it, or even shows it, but it gets lonely sometimes.

And he loathes that.

After he talks a little with George and some producers and crew members;he heads to the bar. The music feels louder now and the air is warmer. Even though it's May, a gentle rain still appears once in awhile.

"Hey, could you get me a scotch?" he asks the bartender, leaning up against the crowded counter. He takes a sip and enjoys the drink.

A few moments later, laughter coming from a female erupts a few feet away from him, shifting his attention from the drink to the woman. Carrie. A group of four brits are crowding over the young actress. They are feeding her drinks and getting closer and friskier with her by the minute.

Harrison watches closely, never taking his eyes off of Carrie. She's drinking too much and too quickly. The guys are talking louder now and touching her where Harrison would rather them not be touching. Carrie is trying to fight back, but they won't stop..

So Harrison gets up.

He darts towards them, pushing and shoving people. He is trying desperately to get to her.

"And just what do you think you're doing?" he shouts to them in the most daunting tone of voice he can muster. He hugs Carrie tight, a side hug, placing his hands on her shoulder. He notices her trembling and her head is down. His squeezes her shoulder, reassuring her that he will take care of everything.

"We're just having fun here, tell him, baby." One of the guys grabs her by the arm and incites her to speak. She doesn't say a word.

"I know what you were trying to do." Harrison is boiling now, furious with the rowdy brits. "And she's not your "baby"." He starts to lead her away from the group but one of them grasps his arm.

He shoves the hand away and motions Carrie behind his back.

"We are leaving now." He says as his tall physique towers over the feistier one, making him back away a couple of steps.

"Go to the door, dear, I'll see you soon." He whispers, as she nods in recognition and lets go of his hand.

"You will never touch her again." He says, solemnly. He walks away, leaving the men to cure their hangover in peace.

Already outside, Carrie hugs herself tight because of the chilly air of the night. Harrison places his hand on the small of her back and whispers: "It's been dealt with."

She jumps in her place as a reflex of his touch, still shaken from the previous encounter.

Harrison calls his studio car. As it pulls up, the men get out of the restaurant, even more drunk than before. Harrison mumbles "Oh, for God's sake."

"Get in." He commands Carrie. She listens. He gets in right behind her and he orders the driver to "Go! GO!"

She stifles her weeping and manages to shout: "Why?" she shoves his arm hard. "Why the fuck were you defending my honor?"

He looks at her incredulously. This little brat is complaining because he just saved her from being assaulted?

"Uh..." he starts. "You would've been raped!" he fights back.

"But you didn't know what they were going to do!" she was mad and gesturing a lot with her hands. It was making Harrison uneasy. "They were drunk and... and they could've hit you!"

She is punching his chest, trying to get a reaction out of him. His face was still expressionless. "Oh my God Harrison, why would you do something so stupid?"

He takes her face in his hands in a matter of seconds and shouts: "Because I care about you!"

"What?" she manages to murmur. The close proximity is making her nervous and enthusiastic concurrently.

"Because it's pretty obvious now that you are all I think about." He says. One of his hands is still cradling her cheek while the other travels from her face to her neck and beneath her hair. They are now facing each other, knees touching and and with heavy breaths

"What about... what about your wife?" She asks. The tension is killing him and she is bringing up his wife now? No way will he talk about her. So he just does the first thing he can think of. The thing he's wanted to do since the day he laid eyes on her.

They kiss.

As their lips meet for the very first time, a weight feels like it's been lifted off of him. He feels light as a feather and could swear he hears angels sing. However, the kiss is cut short, as she pulls away with a shocked expression that coats her face. Without moving an inch, she says, trembling more than ever:

"What about the films and... and I'm only nineteen."

He answers by kissing her again. This time her arms wrap around his neck, returning the kiss. Her leg rises up and tangles itself around Harrison's torso. He pulls back, simply stating:

"There's been entirely too much thinking going on." He murmurs before throwing himself at her with every last bit of desire and lust he can gather. Her lips feel softer than he imagined and kissing her feels like a whole new fresh experience. Her hands are still clinging to him as he removes her jacket and throws it on the car floor.

She dives into the crook of his neck and nibbles at the skin, feeling his slight stubble against her skin. He throws his head back, allowing her access to a better angle. She brings herself closer, practically making herself feel like home on his lap. He holds her thighs and positions them on the seat. She throws her hair back and smiles wickedly. How could a nineteen year old make him feel this way?

She dives back again and covers his face in sloppy, swift kisses, making him quiver each time.

His hands travel to the small of her back as his lips meet hers again. Her bottom lip is trapped in between his. She smiles and he feels it. It's amazing to feel this woman, all of her, in the back seat of a car.

As they part to regain their breath, he realizes that the driver is stopping in front of Carrie's apartment. She notices it too.

"So... Do you want to come up?" She inquires still wrapped around his torso, she tries to look nonchalant and experienced. Her true feelings show. She's too giddy to fool Harrison.

"Absolutely." Her mouth breaks into the biggest smile he's ever seen. He can't help but to smile, too.Suddenly her eyes seem more like stars than the stars themselves.

They hop out the car and walk up the steps.

He knows that this won't last. This is an affair. He won't let himself fall in love. He knows a love like this won't last forever.