Chapter 4

The castle was even bigger than I expected. Every room brought forth more wonders than I ever would have expected. Okami and I wandered around until we came to what used to be the throne room. Even to that day, the throne was still intact and there was a golden statue of a dragon behind the king's throne. from where I was standing, I could see the queen's throne to the left of the king's and a huge glass case that held a giant sword that was at least eight feet long.

"This is awesome." Okami whispered in awe of the sight. there were paintings of what I assumed to be the royal family on the walls framed in gold. "Check this out!" Okami exclaimed. "The prince in the painting kind of looks like you!" I looked at the painting in wonder. "Do I look like that?" I asked. "I don't remember what I look like." She nodded. "That's weird." She commented. "This thing has to be hundreds of years old." We wandered the halls a little more until a feeling started to pull me into one of the rooms. It felt... familiar. 

"I know this room." I said quietly. It was a big room that I assumed was the prince's room. There was a king sized bed, huge closets, a bath in the floor with a curtain, bookshelves covered in books, a desk with quill pens and scrolls, and a golden chest at the foot of the bed. "Wow." Okami breathed. "You sure you know this place?" She asked. She seemed uneasy, and was looking at me weird. I walked over to the chest at the foot of the bed and put my hand on a hand print lock. I hesitated for a moment, but quickly cleared my head and turned my hand, opening the lock.

The items in the chest were familiar like the rest of the room, but I couldn't remember ever seeing them before. The first item was a shield that was made out of some kind of crystal that was a goldish color, more like a topaz. the second item was a short sword made of a silvery metal, but the hilt guard was made of the same crystal that the shield was made of. The final item was a sheath that held the sword and shield on the wearer's back.

"Is that shield made out of topaz?" Okami asked. I shrugged. "I don't know." I replied, sheathing the sword and putting the sheath over my shoulder. After I put the sheath on, I put the shield on it as well. For some reason I felt more at ease with these things around me. "Let's go look around some more." I said. Okami shrugged. "Think we should go see if we have neighbors?" She asked. I nodded. "Yeah." I replied. "Besides, I think there's more to this place than meets the eye."