Chapter 7

I awoke the next morning with a massive headache. I groaned and stretched as I sat up. I looked around my room and saw the closet. "Might as well." I said to myself as I opened the closet and got changed into the clothes I found in there. I had no doubt that they were mine. Suddenly a thought came to me. I remembered a circular pool in the middle of the huts with greenish water. For some reason, I couldn't shake the thought of it. I grabbed my sword and shield and went to go check it out.

When I got outside I looked around. There were a lot more huts than I previously thought, enough to be considered a small city.  "Quite the place." Cephas' voice said behind me. I turned and saw him walking up to me. "It was you, wasn't it? He asked. He saw the confused look on my face. "The prince from the painting." He explained. I nodded. 

"Yeah." I replied, spotting the pool I was searching for. Cephas stared at me for a moment and turned to the pool. "I remember it." He said quietly. "There's something important about that water." I nodded. I sighed.

"Do you mind watching for the others?" I asked. "I'm gonna take a dip." Cephas turned around as I undressed down to my underwear and stepped down into the water. Immediately, memories flooded over me. I no longer had any doubt as to who I was. I was Blitzen Yaisei, the Stag Prince.  I came out of the water and threw on my clothes. "You gotta get in that water." I exclaimed to Cephas. He hesitated, then nodded. "Keep watch." He said as he took off his scarf, sunglasses, and hoodie, revealing a face covered in burn scars.  I turned around, wondering what had done this to my friend. 

When Cephas came out of the water I could hear him shout in excitement. "They're gone!" He exclaimed. "My scars are gone!" He put his clothes back on, but left his scarf and sunglasses on the ground. He stared at me for a moment in astonishment. "My Prince." He said. I smiled. 

"Hello old friend."