Act 1 Scene 1

Act One

Scene 1

Enter Vulpix and Growlithe in the caves of Stark Mountain returning from the outside as they carrying sacks of berries to their home with the Rapidash herd located in the lava rivers of the mountain. Growlithe struggles to carry a sack of berries back deep into the caves.

Vulpix I told you, we brought back too much berries!

Growlithe And I told you we must bring a lot back for the Rapidashs. That way we have plenty for ourselves.

Vulpix You know well enough they are kind to us. They give us a share of berries either way. What is the real reason?

Growlithe I want to get stronger so I can evolve. That way we can take down those stupid Mudsdales and their followers.

Vulpix Yeah those stupid Mudsdale just stand on those cliffs all day when we all know Rapidashs are superior Pokemon than them.

Growlithe They may be big, but Rapidashs have the upper hand with speed. I bet Rapidashs can hit a KO on those Mudsdales and bring them to their knees! Then we know who really rules this mountain!

Vulpix Technically Heatran runs this mountain, but I am with you. Mudsdales don't stand a chance against Rapidashs!

As Vulpix and Growlithe pull the sacks of berries further down into the caves of the mountain, they come across Diglet and Cubone who both serve the Mudsdales. Vulpix and Growlithe stop in their tracks, but Diglet and Cubone have not spotted them yet. Vulpix and Growlithe drop their sack of berries as they hide behind a giant boulder.

Vulpix Have they spotted us?

Growlithe No, thankfully.

Vulpix Should we run?

Growlithe [He studies the boulder they hide behind then glances back at Diglet and Cubone] I have a better plan. It will involve me using my new move. Ever heard of Strength?

Vulpix [Smiles deviously at her partner thinking of the same idea] On my mark you push.

Growlithe [He nods at her as he places his head against the boulder]

Vulpix Three, two, [she lets out a howl before yelling one], one!

Growlithe [He pushes the boulder with his move Strength. It gives way and rolls towards the direction of Cubone and Diglet]

Cubone and Diglet turn their heads to the direction of the howl. They see the boulder headed there way. Diglet uses dig and Cubone follows into the tunnel Diglet made. After the boulder passes over them, Cubone and Diglet pop their heads out from underground.

Cubone [He pushes himself out of the dirt] Cowards! If you were real Pokemon, you would have face us to battle!

Diglet [He pops his head out from underground] It appears being around Rapidashs all the time has made them cowards.

Vulpix [She growls] We are not cowards!

Growlithe [Sensing a taunt to lure them into battle] Calm yourself, this isn't out battle.

Cubone What was that now? You don't want to battle us?

Diglet [Laughs out loud which his laugh echoes in the caves] It appears they are cowards after all!