Act 1 Scene 2

Act 1

Scene 2

Enter Rapidash, Paris, and Houndour the scene takes place in the fields nearby the mountain. Paris as arrived with his Sawsbuck herd and are resting from the long journey they have traveled from. Despite only being a half grass type, they can't enter the mountain for fear the lava rivers will burn them.

Rapidash After discussing terms with Heatran, me along with Mudsdale have agreed to keep the peace of this mountain if we want to still call this our home. Despite my hatred for that Pokemon, he will keep to his word. My followers won't attack his followers and his followers shall do the same.

Paris You two would be great allies since you both share a common goal. It is a pity that can never be. [Changes the subject] So have you considered my offer for me to make your daughter my mate?

Rapidash She is still quite young. After all, she has evolved into a beautiful Rapidash just last month. She is still getting use to her new form. Let's also consider she will be away from the only home she has known. In fact, the farthest she has ever left home is only to this field. Let us wait till she is mature enough in a few more months.

Paris If she just evolved only recently then she will be able to help her future off springs adjust. As for being far from home we can come back here during the fall and winter seasons.

Rapidash Let us wait a little longer for you having her as a mate. I must confess to you that she is my only living child. Her older brother passed during a mighty earthquake in the mountain while her eldest sister fell from a cliff after miscalculating a jump. I have become overprotective because of this. However, if you truly want her as a mate at least court her first. If you win her heart than I shall give you my blessing. Tonight, I am planning a gathering here in this field to welcome you as our honor guest. You will see tons of other Rapidashs at the gathering. Let your eyes wander if you want, but if your eyes are set on my daughter then I will not stop you if you are that determined. [He nudges Paris on the leg and motions his head towards the open field] Lets go for a brisk gallop in these fields and see who is the fastest of us all. Be warn I will not make it easy for you [He then turns his direction to Houndour who is sitting patiently for his new orders] Go run inside the mountains and invite anyone who does not side with Mudsdale to attend a gathering in this very fields to welcome our new friend. Promise them a ton of rare berries shall await them.

[Rapidash and Sawsbuck gallop into the fields]

Houndour Did I hear correctly invite everyone to a gathering here? Well who should I invite? [He scratches his ear then shakes himself then scratches his ear again] Darn by bad hearing. I only heard invite everyone. [He sees Romeo and Mudbray approaching in the fields] I shall invite them then!

Mudbray You shouldn't mope so much. Yes, your heart has been broken, but look around [he motions his head towards the herd of Sawsbucks grazing in the field] I don't know why they are here, but you can find yourself a nice mate from one of them. Maybe you'll fall in love with one of them.

Romeo [Glares at Mudbray finding his advice useless] I think you need a berry

Mudbray Why?

Romeo For the attack I shall lay on you resulting for you to have a low hp!

Mudbray [confused] Has rejection got into your head?

Romeo No, it has sadden me. Shattered me into a million pieces. I might as well hide in the deepest cave in the mountain and- [He sees Houndour running towards them] Good afternoon, why are you in such a hurry?

Houndour I am sorry my hearing isn't that great, did you say afternoon? My hearing isn't quite great.

Romeo Yes I did.

Houndour Then a good afternoon to you too.

Romeo Now why are you in such a hurry?

Houndour I am in a hurry because I have to invite everyone to a gathering [He scratches his ear] You and your friend here are invited by the way.

Romeo Who is hosting this gathering?

Houndour Why none other than my master Rapidash! I see you're a Mudsdale, but my master said to invite everyone so I shall invite everyone. Now if you'll excuse me.

[Houndour leaves towards the mountain]

Mudbray A party? Rapidash inviting everyone? Well either way, this would be a perfect distraction for you and your broken heart.

Romeo Very well, but only because I know you'll insist upon it.

[They depart]