Villager's POV

I sit in the corner of my room, almost in tears. I can't stop thinking about the queen's threat. "Elizabeth?" my mother calls. "Elizabeth? It's time for supper!". I'm so nervous that I don't think I'll eat a thing. I trudge down the stairs and see my mother, my two brothers, and my sister at the table. "Where's father?" I ask, worried that he's already died. "Oh your father? He's stayed late at the shop." she says. How could he be so selfish! It's our last day to live and he doesn't even join us for supper! "Oh..." I say, barely audible. I sit down between my younger sister, Isabel, and my older brother, Christopher. I'm the second youngest. John and Katherine are both older than me, and Isabel is younger. She's only six. I don't even think she knows what's going on right now, but she knows something is wrong. As if she could read my mind she asks me "What's wrong, Lizzy?". I ponder for a moment whether to tell her the truth, when my mom gives me a look that says "Don't you dare tell her". "Oh me? Nothing's wrong, I'm just very tired." I say. I automatically feel awful for lying, but I'd feel worse if I told her. How would I tell her anyways? "Oh, you know the Queen that's supposed to keep us all safe? She's going to kill us all in our sleep tonight". I shudder. My mother sets dinner out on the table as soon as my father walks through the door. All of us run forwards to hug him, even my mother. He sits down to join us at the table. Our supper probably tasted amazing, but I wasn't focused at all. As soon as we're all finished, we go sit in the living room. "Lizzy! Lizzy!" Isabel shouts excitedly. "Guess what I learned how to do today!". "What?" I question. I smile knowing how happy she is to show me. "I learned how to braid hair! Mother taught me!" she says, her smile spreading ear to ear. "Really?" I ask. "Can you do mine?". "Sure!" she says, and I sit on the floor and put the stool behind me for her to sit on. She slowly twists the sections of my hair together, into a messy braid. "Wow!" I exclaim. "It's wonderful!". "You really think so?" she asks. "Of course I do" I respond. "You know what I  think?" mother asks. "What?" we all say in unison. "I think it's time for bed" she says. I groan, but walk up the stairs. I then remember what's happening tonight. "I love you Isabel. I really do." I say as I pull my little sister into my arms. "I love you too Lizzy!" she says. My older siblings hug me too, which they haven't done in months. Obviously they're also thinking about the Queen. Once my mom leaves the room, I bury my face in my pillow, and try to sleep, even though I know it's no use. Slowly but surely, I fall asleep after about two hours. I wake up just as the flames engulf my house.