Prologue

April watched as he danced with the same woman she saw him flirting with earlier on in the day. A feeling of dread swept through her as she watched his hands slipped below the woman's waistline to settle on her butt.

She felt her body grow cold with hurt and anger. She turned away from them then reached for a glass of champagne as a waiter was passing by but placed it on a nearby table without taking a sip. She glanced over at them then covered her mouth as a sob threatened to escape.

She watched as he bent his head and whispered something to the woman causing her to giggle and place her head on his chest as they lost themselves in the melody that flowed around the room.

April lifted her dress so she wouldn't trip as she ran out of the room. Just as the tears she tried to hold at bay came flooding out.

I'm so stupid, stupid, stupid. How did I ever get into this mess. Just get in, work and get out, but no I have to go and fall for that idiot. I wish I didn't love him, this would be so much if I didn't. Why is he doing this? Why would he hurt me like this!

She struggled with the door trying to get it open. Frustration building by the second.

"Why won't it open!" She shouted through her tears. As she slide her key card over and over into the lock each time the light turned red.

Suddenly someone reach around her and took the key card and slid it into the lock and the light turned green.

"You had the card turned backwards" she heard Johnathan say from behind her.

"This whole situation is backwards. My letter of resignation will be on your desk tomorrow effective immediately." She turned slightly to face him not bothering to hide her tears.

Obviously shocked to see her tears he reached out to touch her face but she moved her head out of his reach.

"Don't touch me" she said turning to face him. Her eyes blazing with anger.

"April..." He started to say

"No, I'm sick of it. I'm sick of you. I'm sorry the day I took that stupid job! It was the biggest mistake of my life! No actually the biggest mistake was falling in love with you" she said

He stepped back as if he had been struck, a look of shock and confusion on his face.

"April I don't know what's going on. I thought you were in love with someone else. I heard you telling Ianto that you miss your ex and you don't think you can just walk away from him without telling him how you feel" he replied

She looked at him as confusion crossed her face and her mind. Then realization hit her as she figured out what he was talking about.

"Obviously you overheard a conversation and put your own spin to it because I wasn't telling her I miss my ex. I was telling her I miss you! When you left after everything that happened and went away on that trip I was missing you terribly. I decided I had to tell you how I feel even if you didn't feel the same way. Then you threw that woman downstairs in my face" she said

"I'm sorry. I made a mistake, April please" he said taking a step towards her. She stepped back.

"I made a mistake too. Loving you is a mistake" she replied then closed the door on his stunned expression.

   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE BEGINNING OF THE STORY OR YOU WILL MISS SOME CHAPTERS.