Chapter 15

"Come with me" said Johnathan releasing his hold from her waist only to lace his fingers with hers as he held her hand and pulled her out to the fountain at the side of the banquet hall

"You look different tonight" he said circling her like he was a predator and she his prey.

"Thanks to Jason" she replied

"What do you mean thanks to Jason?" He asked in a slow steady low toned voice, laced with tension.

"Well he treated me to a makeover and a shopping spree" she replied

"My brother bought you clothes? So I'm guessing he also bought what you're wearing right now?" He asked

"Yes" she replied

"Are you attracted to my brother?"

"What? No of course I'm not. He only did this so you would notice me"

"But I've always noticed you. You didn't need to change your look on my account. However you look stunning"

She blushed but before she could look away he stepped closer to her and rand his fingers through her hair.

"So soft" he murmured

Too transfixed to say a word she just stared at his face. He moved his hand from her hair to trace the outline of her lips. A tremor ran through her body when his gaze dropped from eyes to her lips.

"Do you have any idea what I want to do to you right now?" He asked

She shook her head not trusting her own voice not to betray the longing she was feeling.

He reached out and pulled her body against his. He bent his head to trace little kisses along her neck. "You smell like honey. You're driving me crazy April Edwards. Since the first day you walked into my office. Even in your hideous choice of office attire you tempted me"

April's eyes fell close as his kisses on her neck got more intense. A soft whimper escaped her lips as her head fell back to give him better access to her exposed skin. She wrapped her hands around his neck just as he started leaning in to kiss her.

"You two have really got it bad!" Jason's voice came breaking her out of her daydream.

She looked at him feeling her face heat up in embarrassment. When she glanced over at Johnathan he turned back to his date.

Oh my God these daydreams are getting out of hand.

"I need another drink" she said to Jason

"And some air by the looks of it. I swear you guys stood undressing each other for about five minutes as soon as we walked in" Jason replied chuckling

He signaled a waiter circulating the room and took a glass of champagne and handed it to her. She followed him out to the balcony and welcome the cool air that hit her skin.