Jyn Erso

Spoilers for Rogue One starting this chapter and forward-

DONT SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU!

End of the year, 1 BBY~

Over the years, Sage had started acompanying Jade to Yavin 4 to help the rebellion. The rebels opened her with welcome arms but Jade had made it clear to Sage when they first arrived:

"Never do anything they ask you without telling me about it."

Jade has realized over the year that the rebellion was almost ruthless when it came to getting things done and she wasn't willing to risk Sage's morals for it. There were rebels in the rebellion that Jade was almost positive that they didn't know what they were fighting for anymore. They had gone too dark and abandoned their morals so long ago they don't know wha morals are.

When Jade got news that the Empire was building a secret mass destruction weapon, Sage was quick to volunteer to go and help Jade help the rebellion with the mission. As much as Obi-wan opposed it, even he couldn't argue that they wouldn't be fine. They were the second and third most powerful force-users in the galaxy. 

Sage was also sixteen, almost seventeen, years old now and claimed that "she could take care of herself".

When Jade and Sage landed on Yavin 4, they were quickly rushed inside since they were late to the meeting. They got inside and quickly stood in the back of the room as the council spoke. "If the Empire is building a weapon using the kyber crystals, we need to find a way to get the man who's responsible for it: Galen Erso." One of the council members spoke.

Jade and Sage made their way around once Jade heard the name 'Erso'. She went and stood next to Cassian Andor, Captain of Rebel Intelligence. "What's going on?"

Cassian smiled at the sight of Jade and Sage before sighing deeply as the council kept speaking. He was quiet but his accent was still thick, "We found a man from Jedha who said the Empire were using the crystals to build some mass-destruction weapon."

"How much mass?" Jade asked, referring to exactly how much destruction it could actually bring.

"The man used the words 'planet-killer'," Cassian told her causing Jade and Sage both to get a feeling of fear.

Jade was rarely scared but this was something that made her nerves tremble violently. The council continued to speak, soon stopping to look at Cassian, "Cassian, did the man give you any more information?"

Cassian stepped towards the table, "there was a cargo pilot who defected from the Empire and delivered a message to Saw Gerrera which he will obviously not hand over to us."

Over the years, the disgreements between Saw's group and the Rebel Alliance had gotten larger, making it most difficult to operate together. Problems like this with Saw arose almost all the time and he hadn't allowed any of the Rebel Alliance members to talk to him, including Jade.

"How do we get Saw to tell us what the message said?" One council member asked causing everyone to be silent, giving glances. 

That's when Jade stepped forward, "Galen Erso has a daughter," Jade began, "Jyn Erso." Whispers errupted around the room until Jade spoke again, "We could find her, and use her relationship with Saw to get the message and then find her father."

The council members all began speaking to each other and Jade and Cassian gave each other looks. They both hated their council meetings since it took so long for people to agree with each other.

Then it went silent again, "Who will lead this mission to find Jyn and bring her back here?"

One of the captains raised his hand, "I'll do it, we only need about three men. Should be easy enough."