Loss

0 ABY~

Sage flew towards where the Force was taking her, which was down to the beach below the Citadel tower. She saw Jyn and Cassian watching the ocean far off, holding hands as Jade was limping over to them from the tower elevator. 

They all turned towards the ship as they got closer. It was a blissful and quiet moment. There were no TIE fighters or X-wings in the air anymore. The Empire had evacuated the planet because the death star showed up so they were the only ones that were there.

Eventually Jade turned the ramp towards them and opened it. They watched as the death star fired, its laser hitting the top of the tower, destroying the satellite, and then landing in the water far off.

Sage landed the ship and quickly ran down. Jyn put Cassian's arm around her and they limped to the ship together. Sage ran out and did the same to help Jade on as the land had started folding over like it had on Jedha. 

"Where's Kay?" Sage asked as she helped Jade sit. No one answered so she was confused, "I didn't feel-"

"He was a droid, you wouldn't have," Jade said harshly as she instead stood back up and limped up to the pilot's seat and closed the ramp, beginning to take off.

Here's a song that I've been loving for the moment:

"Baze and Chirrut?" Cassian asked, looking around as him and Jyn sat down, his arm still around her, resting their heads against the wall. 

Sage shook her head slowly and the ship went silent as Jade instantly went into hyperspace on the opposite side of the planet from the Empire's fleet and the death star. They had made it out safely, the ship rather empty from when they first arrived on the paradise planet.

"Did you send the plans?" Sage asked finally as she helped Bodhi off the floor and up onto a seat.

Sage began searching the ship for medical supplies after looking at Cassian and Jade's wounds. Cassian nodded, "Yeah, we sent the plans," he breathed out.

Sage finally found some in the back room of the ship, returning back and kneeling before Jyn. Sage held out her hand for Jyn's foot, the one that was causing her to limp. Jyn put it in her hand and Sage examined it, "It's sprained."

Jyn didn't say anything, she nodded her head instead as Sage began making a tight wrap around her ankle. Jyn rested her head against Cassian's shoulder and eventually fell asleep as Sage then moved to Cassian.

She examined his side which had a laser blast wound on it, there was such a depressing feeling in the air that made Sage feel like she was suffocating. It was an absolute miracle that Bodhi, Jade, Sage, Cassian and Jyn all survived. And Sage could tell the loss of the rebels that had volunteered was already affecting Cassian mentally.

Sage began a wrap around Cassian's ribs after she discovered he had broken two ribs. Then she moved to his leg, "You must've torn your ACL," Sage said, feeling his knee, "when we get to Yavin, wait until we can get a stretcher for you."

Cassian only nodded, Jyn had fallen asleep on his shoulder so he was quiet when he spoke and he barely moved a muscle, "Do you have medical experience?"

Sage chuckled as she also began a wrap around his knee, carefully straightening his leg out causing him to wince from the pain, "Nothing hands on, I've read lots of material on the study, though. And the Force helps," She says.