Chapter 1

Lauren's POV

"What are you even saying?"
I shouted from across the hall where my father stood.

He looked straight into my eyes and said, "I'm asking you to marry the daughter of Mr. Alejandro Cabello. Don't you get it at once?"

My anger started building up inside me until I felt a hand on my back relaxing me, it was my mother. I looked at her with my teary eyes and only wished she understood what I was feeling, and I guess she did.

She told my father, "let it go for now, we'll all talk about it later." I was surprised to hear that she already knew about all this and never decided to talk to me.

"Fine, we'll talk about this at dinner, when everyone is present at the same table" My dad shouted at us.

Every decision in our lives including my brother's and sister's was taken by my father. He was literally in every way the MAN of our family.
I was lying in my bed, thinking about the conversation I had downstairs with my father. I was okay with every decision he took for me but I never thought it would come to this point that he'd want me to get married so he could expand his business. Even though he knew about me and Lucy.

Lucy and I have been together for a whole lot of 4 years. We've had our plenty share of break-ups just like any other couple. Each and every time it was me who asked her to get back together, Lucy has always been the carefree type in a relationship. I, once even accused her of just being with me because of my wealth. That was the longest break up we had because I wanted to see whether she would contact me or not. And she didn't. As usual, I was the one to go to her and say sorry. In the periods of our break-ups, Lucy once cheated on me. But that can't be called cheating because we were not together at that point of time. I was still heartbroken to hear it. I would've never done that to the person I loved. Love is such a big word to use for my feelings towards Lucy, but I cannot put it in any other way. It was not until 6 months ago, I told Lucy that I loved her and she casually said she loved me too, without even thinking. I sometimes think that I'm literally just wasting my time with her when I don't get the same amount of affection I show her. But that's okay, because I've actually known her for too long to just let her go.

I thought of calling Lucy and tell her about the conversation with my father. As much as I'd like to say she was the carefree one, she gets really frustrated whenever I try to share my family problems with her. I was in a dilemma whether to tell her or not. If I told her she would literally come to my place and make a mess out of this whole situation. So I thought of going against it and I just texted her.

2:30 PM
Lauren : Hey babe..

2:40 PM
Lucy : Hey cute, sup?

2:41 PM
Lauren : Nothing, just wanted to say that I miss you.

2:45 PM
Lucy : Aww, daddy misses me? ;)

2:46 PM
Lauren : Not rn Lucy, not in the mood.

2:50 PM
Lucy : I can get you in the mood.

2:51 PM
Lauren : Seriously? Like at 4pm?

2:53 PM
Lucy : Yeah like we've never had sex in the afternoon.

2:54 PM
Lauren : I did not mean that.

3:00 PM
Lucy : Anyways, what's happening?

3:01 PM
Lauren : I feel a bit stressed. So I thought I'd feel better if I talk to you.

3:05 PM
Lucy : Aw, babe. What's bothering you?

As soon as I was about to type something, I had another message from Lucy.

3:05 PM
Lucy : Sorry babe, gtg. Going to spa with Vero, ttyl. Love you xo.

Moments like this made me feel that I was wasting my time with Lucy and that she didn't care about my feelings. But I think I was a bit in love with her to let her go. I kept my phone aside and decided to take a nap until the blunder which was going to happen at the dinner.

-

A/N

Instagram : Jauregui_ness

Twitter : Jaureguiness1