Chapter 2

"Dad we're living in the fucking 21st century and you're asking me to get involved in an arranged marriage?!" I shouted furiously at my father who just again disclosed at the dinner table what his plans were.

"Lauren, language." My mother said glaring straight into my eyes.

"It's okay, honey." My dad told my mother. "I understand why you're behaving like this Lauren, but it is all for our benefit if you marry Mr. Alejandro Cabello's daughter." My dad said in a relaxing tone.

No one at the dinner table was taking my side. Even my sister, my brother, they had their heads down and were quietly listening to what my dad was saying. I was furious at this moment.

"Benefit?!" I shouted at my dad getting up from my chair. "Where's the fucking benefit in this when I'm not going to be happy marrying her. You are even talking about spoiling her life. I would never love her the way I love Lucy and it's just going to ruin both of our lives." I told him, tears streaming down my eyes.

"Lauren, stop being a stubborn kid and try to understand to what I'm saying." My dad said again in a relaxing tone. "It is for the benefit of our entire family. What do you think if our business gets expanded wouldn't you get benefited by it. You would be the one to get most of the benefit as you'll be the daughter-in-law of Mr. Cabello. Lauren, in a world full of selfish people, we don't worry about anybody else but us. And you already know how Lucy treats you and us, so it's better for everyone else that you get married in the Cabello family." My dad said all of this like it meant nothing to him. He showed no feelings towards me.

I once again shouted furiously with teary eyes, "I am not going to leave Lucy, no matter what you say. Do you get it? Even if it involves marrying a billionaire's daughter. And I have no bloody interest in your business. You can take your business and shove it up your ass." I said this as I picked up my car keys and went storming out of the house.

I could hear my mom shouting from behind, asking me to come back. And I heard my dad saying, "She'll be allright, let her go. She'll have to come back eventually."

I started the ignition, tears rolling down my eyes as I pushed the accelerator with all the force. I hadn't thought where I was going but I had to get out of that place.

-

I stopped my car in front of a house after roaming around the streets for god knows how long. I still had puffy eyes from crying as I ringed the doorbell.

"Lauren?! What happened? Are you okay? Why are you crying?" Normani asked me with concern in her eyes.

I said nothing else and just went ahead hugging her tightly. She hugged me back and asked me to come inside. We went upstairs to Normani's room as she gave me some water to calm down.

"Laur, is everything allright?" She asked me again.

"Mani nothing is allright." I told her in a frustrated voice. "My stupid, greedy dad wants me to marry this Alejandro Cabello's daughter for the benefit of his business and when I told him I wouldn't do it, he said that I have no choice and that I have to do whatever he says."

Normani's expression changed from concern to total shock. "How could he do that?!" Normani shouted. "You are not a kid Lauren, you have every right not to marry that girl. Isn't your mom supporting you?" Normani asked.

"She tried to, but you know how everything in my family works, just according to my father." I stated.

"I know Lauren and that's why I'm gonna ask you pretty straightly. What are you going to do?" Normani asked with concern.

"I don't know, Mani. I can't leave Lucy just like that. She means everything to me. I am so confused right now." I rubbed my eyes as I told Normani.

"Lauren, as far as I am concerned with Lucy, do you really think she is the type to marry you? I mean I understand that you both knew each other since you were kids but you know what Lucy has done to you in the past. Ally and I have told you this a million times and I'll say it again that I really think she is with you just because of your wealth." Normani said to me roaming around her room.

"Normani that is the last thing I want to hear right now. You are so not helping. How am I supposed to tell you that I love Lucy with everything I have." I said in a frustrated tone.

"Yeah, but maybe she doesn't." Normani stated. "Have you talked to Lucy about this?"

"No! Are you kidding me?! What am I supposed to say to her? That I'm getting married and the person whom I'm marrying is not you." I asked in total confusion.

"Laur, but you have to talk to her. You can't keep her in the dark." Normani said.

"Well, yeah. I just dont know what to say." I said. "Can I sleep here for the night? I dont wanna go back to my house anytime soon."

"Lauren you can stay here as long as you want, it's your home too." Normani said while hugging me.

"Thanks Mani, I don't know what I would do without you and Ally." I said.

"Thinking of Ally, you need to tell her about all this." Normani said.

"Yes, I will definitely fill her up with the adventures of my life." I said with a laugh.

Normani hit me on the arm while laughing.

I was so glad to have her in my life. I was so glad to have Ally in my life. I could atleast sleep here not worrying about anything except for the fact that I have to tell my girlfriend about me getting married. I layed down in Normani's bed thinking tomorrow is going to be another one of the adventurous days.