Chapter 6

I was standing outside the Apple store waiting for Normani as I thought she could help me with choosing a phone that Lucy would like.

"Heyo Laur." I heard Normani ascending towards me with a wave.

"You're late." I stated as I opened the door of the store and didn't even wait for Normani to come in.

"Well, why so cranky, bitch?" Normani asked keeping up with me.

"Normani, shut up and just help me with choosing a nice phone." I replied with a hint of irritation in my voice.

"Girl, firstly I don't even understand why you called me to help you choose a new phone. It's an Apple store, just get her a bloody latest model. What's so difficult in that?" Normani stated as if I didn't know all of this before.

"Mani, I don't know shit about the features of any phone, besides I don't want her to get upset if that gadget troubles her again." I told her as we continued to walk towards the shopkeeper. "Hey, can you show us the latest model that you have?"

"Yes, ma'am." He turned around to pick a box that was kept in the shelf behind him with various other boxes. "This is the latest Iphone7 plus and it comes in three different internal storages, and offers upto 10x digital zo-"

"Mani, is this one good?" I cut him off and turned to face Normani to get an answer.

"Y-yes, it's good." She stammered as my question got her off guard.

I looked at the shopkeeper again and said, "Great then, give me the one with the most storage."

"Um, yes ma'am," was all he said as he went to the billing counter.

I got the bill and the new phone as I said thanks and left the store with Mani.

"Wow, that was fast." Normani said from behind me.

"Yeah, thanks for helping out."

"I didn't do shit, Laur. You just asked me and I told you." Mani said scratching her forehead with a finger.

I laughed at her confused state. "Mani, that is exactly what's called helping. Who would've I asked if you weren't there?"

"The shopkeeper!? That's what they're there for!" She blurted out.

"No, they're there to sell their products, no matter how bad they are. In any case, he would've told me to buy it as it was the best phone." I explained.

"Oh," was all she said. "Um Lauren, my car is troubling me, I think it's time to buy a new one. I like Mercedes, just so you know.."

"Maniii, what the fuck?!" We both laughed at Mani's failed impression of Lucy.

"I'm just kidding. I'm not friends with you for your money."

"She's not with me just for my money.." I tried to explain with zero convincing power.

"Nevermind. When is she leaving?" Normani asked as she took out reflectors from her purse and wore them.

I hint of sadness crept upon me as I realised Lucy was leaving tonight. "Um, tonight. Oh, and I'll be going to drop her at the airport. So, I'll just tell my parents that I'm with you. Please handle it, if by any chance they call you." I looked at Normani expectantly.

"Sure, Laur. Anything for you." She agreed as I expected her to.

"Thanks, you're the best. I should leave now, I have to go and check on everything that's happening in the office."

Normani gave me a disgusted look and I laughed. "Since when did you start doing this?" She asked.

"Since my dad asked me to." I said as I hugged her. "See you later."