T h r e e

"WAIT WHAT" Me and Mikey screamed out. "You've got to be fucking kidding me!" I yelled out to my parents.

"Madison Avery Johnson! Language!" My mother raised her voice at me while my father stood.

"You can't do this to me!"Mikey yelled looking his parents."I barely even know her and you expect me to marry her!" He scoffed pointing at me.

"Please stop fighting with us! You've been best friends since diapers Mikey!" Michele shot back at his 18 year old who's face was red and had screamed in frustration. I could feel my eyes water.

"Madison don't cr-" I cut her off by running towards the door. All I hear is my name being shouted at.

I see Sydney running down the stairs."Hey what happened?" She said while moving. I didn't answer and just kept going. My parents are making marry someone I just meet a few hours ago. I don't even know what he's like! Sure he might seem nice but what if he turns out to be a total douche. I'm only 17! For crying out loud, I haven't even finished high school, yet their making me marry my childhood "best friend".

I lock my room and try to look for my phone. When I do I quickly call Julia. No answer. I go to Ethan's contact and call him. No answer.

"Fuck" I say a little to loud. I haven't realized I was crying until I felt the saltiness of my tears go in my mouth.

How would Julia respond to this? Most importantly how will Ethan react to this. He's probably the only guy I actually felt happy with in a relationship. And now that's going to end because of this stupid arranged marriage.

I choke on my sobs. But my cries aren't loud enough to cover Mikey's screams. Mikey. I almost forget about him. What is he going to do? He's also in a relationship and is planning on going to college. What if our 'marriage' ruins everything.

I start to have a headache. My head and hearts pounding due to all this chaos. I soon start to hear loud stomps coming closer to my door. I ignore it and let my sobs suffocate me even more. Then I hear harsh pounding on my door, making me think that the door could fall any minute.

"Open!" I heard a deep voice say in frustration. Then my phone starts vibrating. Ethan💙.

"Open the goddamn door Madison!" I heard his voice get louder making me frighten. I tremble towards the door and hesitate to open it and when I do I feel some sort of force come closer.

My eyes meet Mikey's. But it's not the same. His eyes seemed to have darkened and his voice was raspy.
Turn on.
Stop!
I try to stop my cries but fail miserably. His eyes go soft and I feel his arms wrap around me. His grip gets tighter as I cry into his shirt.

"Shh" he whispers calmly into my ear. My cries turn into hiccups and now his arms are making circles on my back. I'm surprised by the way he's acting. At first I thought he would run out the door and never to be seen again, but instead he's comforting me?

"I'm s-sorry" I say in between hiccups. Instead of responding he stays quiet. I can fell his chest rising up and down. We stayed in silent just embracing each other. His head 'digging' deeper into my neck. My phone start to vibrate again. I sniffed tried to get out Mikey's embrace.

"Hey um Mikey, do you mind"I whispered. He chuckled and let go of my. Making me miss the warmth of his hug. I smiled and went to pick up the call.

"Hello" I tried acting calm. My eyes shifted to Mikey's body still standing from where we were.

"Madison are you ok babe, you sound uneasy?

"I'm good Ethan" lies "I just need to talk to you tomorrow"

"Ok then see you, night Madison"

"Bye"

I let my phone drop onto the bed and walk toward my Mickey. He looks at me giving me a slight smile and then goes back to frowning.

"I have to go" he says softly. He starts to fidget with the hem of his shirt making him look innocent and cute.

Stop Madison.

You can't think like that

I don't hesitate to give him another hug before thanking him. He hugs back and starts to walk to the door.

"Sorry for your door" he mumbles. I looked at him confused until I saw the huge marks and indents on my white door. I let out a laugh and say it's alright. I watch him shake his head in approval and head downstairs.

I shut my door and sit at the edge of the bed. My hands running threw my hair in fury. I think back to what had just happened a few moments ago.

Mikey's Warmth

The Argument

The arranged marriage

My head starts to hurt about the announcement. What will I do now? I can't back out of this now. Not in this shape. I try to forget about that and change into something more comfortable. I look at my reflection to see my eyes all puffy. There were stains on my cheeks and my makeup was running. After cleaning up I went to bed and tried going to sleep. But it was hard having him be in my thoughts. I closed my eyes until darkness took over.