Chapter 5 A Princess's Birthday and Three Heroes

He was shocked and mostly stupefied. He was him?! How?!

"What do you mean Namine?" Perry asked her as she walked over to us.

"Oh, you are on Chapter 5, I guess you have to keep reading till I think Chapter 8 or 10. Good bye you two!" she said to them with a smile.

The keyhole opened up from behind us and sucked us back to the school! Perry landed in my room, but he wasn't sure where Nina was. He decided to keep reading the book.

........................................................................................................................

After a few weeks of working in the palace, Pierre enjoyed working with his friends and even enjoyed sparring with Pepper and Maggie, though he did lose most of the time. The servants enjoyed their time together, and Solomon and Stewart were happy to see them together.

"This brings back some memories. I wonder how she's doing?" asked Stewart as he remembered an old memory.

"You still miss her, don't you?" asked Solomon giving an all-knowing smile.

Stewart tried to hide his blush, but he coughed and replied, somewhat seriously "I may miss her, but we still write to each other"

Solomon smiled at him. There was another friend, out there, and close to them. She was a powerful witch and a great friend. She a close to Stewart though. The laughing was silenced, and the two young men looked out the window to find Princess Serra talking to the other servants. Solomon and Stewart rushed down to their level.

"So that's what is going to happen! I want a giant birthday party and please invite my beloved, Prince Jason!" she ordered happily as she thought about the prince.

The servants sighed as the princess was smiling from ear to ear about her birthday. Pierre looked at them with a smile.

"I'll go and take a week journey across the sea to invite Prince Jason and Jessica to her party. The rest of you can prepare for the party" suggested Pierre as he smiled an encouraging smile.

Everyone smiled at him and then they were off to work. Meanwhile, Pepper was thinking back to the events that had happened in the country side of France. She was exploring the country side, looking for any survivors after a great fire had devastated the land.

"Oh! Help us!" cried a weak man as his family was hiding behind some rubble.

Pepper rushed over to them as she asked quickly "What is wrong? How can I help?"

She quickly caught the man before he fell to the ground.

"We have no food, and everything was destroyed, please tell the Princess to spare us some money or something" he begged Pepper.

She smiled kindly at him as she replied "Of course! I am sure the princess will be able to help her people"

Her flashback ended when she entered the chambers of the Princess. She was sitting in her throne smiling darkly. Pepper took in a deep breath and walked towards the Princess. Pierre was ordered to come and stand by her for the whole day before he left to invite Prince Jason and Jessica. She kneeled before her Princess and waited.

"Yes Pepper? What do you wish to talk about this time?" asked her with a glare.

"My Princess, there was a great fire that had swept through the country side, the people need your help. I will go and personal see that their goods will be delivered to the people" explained Pepper as she lowered her head.