Chapter 10 The True Mission

Pepper, Jacob, Natalia, and Maggie buried Pietro near Solomon and Stewart. They prayed for him, and they had to return back to the resistance army. Prince Jason was pleased to see his friends return, but his expression soon changed when he saw how sad his friends were. He couldn't ask them because Jasmine and Joy entered the base. They looked worried.

"We need to talk" Jasmine stated.

They sat at the table and everyone looked at her.

"Ok. There are items called the 7 Destructions. They roamed the earth and cause destruction, but they only activated one at a time. One of the Seven Destruction awoke in this time. That was Pride. Pride controlled Princess Serra one day. I didn't see the signs until it was too late" she paused.

There was silence in the room. Jasmine looked at everyone and no one seem to have any questions, so she continued to speak.

"I decided to find Pride and contain it. I used the cup of the late king as the item to contain Pride. Pride has been contained, but someone stole the cup" she said.

"Who do you think stole the cup?" Natalia asked.

"I don't know. However, I have something else to explain. I am a witch, and I had two students. One died. I used my powers to see her again, and she told me something frightening. She died by the hands of Jessica" she explained.

Everyone gasped and was in shock. Prince Jason couldn't believe it.

"Are you sure?! Who told you this?!" he asked her as he stood up.

"Matilda" she answered calmly.

Prince Jason was in shock. However, Pepper was concerned.

"Are you saying, someone set these events up?" she asked as she looked at Jasmine.

"I am not sure. Our next course of action is to head to England" Jasmine replied to her.

Everyone was silent.

"I will depart for England shortly. I hope all of you will help me end this fight. Joy! Let's go" Jasmine said.

Joy left with her master, and everyone else was left to think about their decision. Natalia thought and then nodded to herself. She clutched her wand and left for England. Jacob was impressed with Natalia's decision. He followed her.

"I'm going" Pepper whispered to herself and followed them.

Maggie glanced at Prince Jason. He was anxious about the next events to come. However, he stood up and decided to follow them. Maggie sighed to herself but smiled. She approached her friends.

"I think it is best if I stay behind" she said to them.

"What? Why?" Pepper asked.

"We left the country without a proper government. I will stay behind and tell you what happens" Maggie answered.

"Alright, but he safe" Jacob said.

"I will. Now, stop the true enemy" Maggie told them with courage.

They headed for the docks, but at that moment, Benjen and Natasha left their boat and headed for the palace.

"Alright, let's take a look around" Benjen said.

Natasha was eager and wandered around the palace. She found it odd that Princess Serra was left alone to rule the kingdom. She wrote down everything she saw in each room. Benjen was annoyed with her, but then he looked at the throne room. He wondered about the princess and her powers. After Natasha was done with her writing, they left the palace to look for an inn to stay in.