Chapter 8 The Death of Matilda

"What? Why?!" asked Luke sacredly.

"Princess Serra has ordered the death of every girl with black hair. I don't want Matilda to be killed. Please escape and hide in the cellar in the forest before it is too late! I will do what I can here, but you two have to escape" Cody explained to them.

Matilda and Luke were horrified.

"Alright, when do we leave?" asked Luke as he clutched his crystal.

He received his answer. A maid entered the castle, panting heavily.

"I just ran from the village. They are coming!" she replied.

Luke and Matilda looked at Cody. Fear was present in their eyes.

"You leave now! Matilda, come with me, we need to cut your hair. Luke, talk to Natasha and tell her to go" Cody explained.

Luke ran to Natasha's room and found the carriage driver. He entered the room and found her there, with the notebook in hand.

"Luke! Don't make me leave!" she cried as she hugged him.

Luke hugged her back, sighed, and said calmly "But you have to go back. You need to be safe"

"But but" she huffed as tears fell.

"You'll be back at the mansion shortly. I'll return to you. I promise" Luke reassured her.

"Ok..." she answered defeated.

Luke looked at the carriage driver.

"Take her to the house" he requested of him.

"I shall not fail you" he replied and took Natasha away.

Luke then ran to Matilda and Cody. Matilda's hair was cut, and her face was hidden by a cloak. They were taken to the back entrance and Cody looked at them.

"Come back to me, safely. I want to see you two again" he requested of them as his tears fell.

"We will" Matilda replied cheerfully.

"I will make sure of it" Luke answered.

"Ok. Good. Be off now! Hurry!" Cody shouted urgently, and they fled to the forest.

Meanwhile, in the Kingdom of Twins in France, chaos had emerged from the streets. People were looting others or being killed. Blood ran wild in the streets. Jacob and Maggie were with Natalia. Her hair was dark brown, but people could easily mistake it for black. Jacob cut her hair and they hide her face. However, there were soldiers everywhere, checking every girl's hair.

"We can't leave Natasha, but what can we do? We need to leave the palace" Maggie explained.

"Tch! Where is Jasmine and Joy?" asked Jacob.

"They went to get the cup from the palace. Jessica went to warn England about the destruction heading to them. Sigh. How will this end?" asked Maggie as she looked them.

"I don't know but we can't keep waiting. We need to leave" Jacob said.

Jasmine and Joy had met up and discovered Solomon's corpse. They took the corpse and gave him a properly burial. He was next to Stewart. Jasmine was crying by their graves while Joy was silent.

"Why did the both of you have to leave me? Why?..." Jasmine cried as she held herself with her tome.

She cried at their graves until she composed herself.

"I won't let your deaths be in vain. I will stop her!" she promised them.

She walked towards Joy.