Black Hooded Me

A/N It's up. It's 1480 words. I didn't fail my physics final (88%) but I'm pretty sure I failed my math exam this morning. At least I can make a career out of writing and singing :)

Enjoy.

<.><.><.><.><.><.><.><.>

*Kaitlyn MacDonald*

The weekend quickly passes, and before I know it's Monday morning again. Once my alarm goes off, I roll out of bed and into the shower. Literally. I roll off of the bed, land on the floor, and maneuver my way around the piles of clean laundry I was supposed to pick up four days ago. Unfortunately, I have to stand up to get in the actual shower.

The school day is normal. Classes are normal, my friends are normal. Beth is only slightly normal, but then again, it's Beth. I've learned not to expect too much from her.

The only person I don't see is that hunk of an athlete that I tutor. I figure he's probably skipping again, and as I'm packing up my backpack after the final bell rings, my suspicions are confirmed when he appears at my side, yawning and rubbing sleep out of his eyes.

Shouldering my backpack, I turn to face him, arms crossed across waist. "Skipping again, Drew?" I say sweetly. "No wonder you need a tutor."

He laughs and puts an arm above his head, stretching. His t-shirt oh-so-slowly rides up his toned midsection, and I can't help but stare at the rock-hard slab of muscle. "Eyes up here, nerd," he drawls, pulling his shirt back down and raising an eyebrow at me. I blush and turn away, fingering the strap of my backpack.

"Are you ready for today's session?" I ask quickly.

He sighs. "If you were any other girl, that sentence would have a totally different meaning. But, seeing as I'm stuck with you, I suppose I can't assume anything anymore. Your house, right?"

"Same as always." Why don't we ever go to his house? I ponder this over and over and debate whether to ask him. We walk in silence up the stairs to the parking lot, him ever so graciously holding open the heavy front door of the school for me. What a gentleman.

Right as I get to my car, I find Drew still next to me walking. "Hey, loser," I call. "This is my car. Go find your own."

"Hey, nerd," he shoots back, inserting his key into the door of the car next to mine. "This is my car. See you in a bit." With a smile and a wave from the driver's seat, he backs out of the yellow-painted lines and drives out of the parking lot. I stand there, watching his beautiful car speed into the distance, part of me wishing I was in the passenger seat.

I'm brought back to reality by someone snapping their fingers in my face. It's Sam.

"Oi, sis! Can we leave already? I have a project due Friday, and my partner is gone for the week. Something about a trip to Mexico? I couldn't really understand him because of his thick accent." I nod, still slightly in a daze.

"Sorry, Sam. I was just distracted for a moment."

"Yeah," he snorts. "By your boy toy. Don't think I don't notice these things, because I do. I'm not 10 years old anymore, you know. I know where babies come from."

"Do you now?" A new voice pops in. It's Parker.

"Hey, Parker. I was just leaving; Sam wants to get home."

"Oh," he sighs. "Sorry. It just feels like we haven't talked in a while, you know? You seem to be spending a lot of time with that McCarthy kid, just saying." He puts his hands up in defense.

"Gee, it's not like she's tutoring the kid or anything." Another new voice. This time, it's Blake.

"Does my car look like a gathering place for the masses? No. Let's go, Sam." I open the car door and step in. I'm about to close it behind me when it's stopped by a hand. A hand belonging to Parker.