I'm Just About Ready to Slap Her Across the Face with My Lunchbox

A/N Bit of a shorter chapter today,  but the content should make up for that :)

Hopefully :/

Thank you all so much for your votes and comments and follows! Half of this book is you guys deciding to read my writing <3

Enjoy!

<.><.><.><.><.><.><.><.>

*Kaitlyn MacDonald*

I hole up in my room for most of the weekend, only coming down for meals. Burying my head in my books is a good distraction from Drew and Chelsea and whatever the heck is going on between the two of them.

I'm pretty sure Drew knows about Chelsea's and my history. Right?

Even if he doesn't, it still hurts.

Grandma and Jordan have tried to talk to me about Friday night, but I refuse to talk to them. I think I'm entitled to at least a few days of wallowing in self-pity before I should have to face the world again.

Beth called me for details early on Saturday morning, but I didn't answer. Besides, my phone was halfway across the room charging, and I couldn't be bothered to get up from my laptop to go get it.

Monday morning comes all too soon.

I drag myself out of bed slowly and into the shower, not bothering to look in the mirror. While in the shower, I almost start crying, but then I slap myself.

"Get ahold of yourself, Kaitlyn," I growl out, teeth gritted. "Drew does not like you. Drew likes Chelsea. He is allowed to like whoever he wants. You were never dating him. You've known him for all of half a month, probably. Pull yourself together, now!"

That seems to do the trick. I blink, and the tears disappear from my eyes.

Wait, why am I talking to myself again?

Because you like Drew, my brain says.

Yeah, brain. I know. I'd think it was rather obvious with the way I've been acting this whole weekend.

But no matter. I just have to suffer through tutoring sessions with him once a day, and that's all the interaction I have to have with him.

The first step of getting over someone is admitting you like them. Check!

I'm shaken out of my reverie by someone banging on my bathroom door.

"Kaitlyn!" hollers Sam. "We're going to be late, let's get a move on here! I have a test first hour and I cannot be late!"

"Coming!" I yell back. "Keep your pants on!"

"Will do, sis!" comes the reply.

Ten minutes later I am dried off, dressed, and drowning my sorrows in a strawberry smoothie.

When I glance at the clock, I sigh in relief. It's only 7:10, plenty of time to make it to school.

<.>

After Sam and I get out of the car, he disappears like normal. Usually I would fine-tune my mind to school, but I decide to follow Sam for a little bit and see what he does in the mornings before class starts. Besides, I'm not in any hurry to meet up with anybody right now. Anybody being Drew.

I spot him rounding a corner, and casually stroll around it a few seconds later. Looking around, I see him talking.

With a girl?

I'm about to go up and confront them, but the warning bell rings, and I lose them to the throng of students making their way to their first hour class.