A Spoon and a Gallon of Ice Cream

A/N I know I've said chapters were sucky before, but this one takes the cake. It was virtually unplanned, written in about an hour, and somehow has a big plot reveal. I'm not really sure what's going on anymore, TBH.

Let me know what you think <3

<.><.><.><.><.><.><.><.>

*Kaitlyn MacDonald*

Drew and I stand there for a few more seconds before I hear a door open down the hallway, and I quickly pull away. As I do so, I glance up at Drew, only to see something that looks like hurt in his eyes. But what is he expecting? That I stay standing there with him practically wrapped around me for everybody to see?

I don't think so. I'm not feeling that much crazier than old Kaitlyn today.

My history teacher's heels click down the floor until she rounds a corner into the teacher's lounge that's at the end of the hallway.

"Kaitlyn." His voice is soft, gentle even, and I turn towards him, only to be stunned by the genuine look of... something in his eyes.

"Yeah?"

"I just want to say that you're really pretty." He rubs his hand on the back of his neck, the movement slightly lifting up his shirt. My heart instinctively flutters, both because of his abs that are peeking from behind the fabric and the words themselves.

I quickly put the rest of my books into my backpack before zipping it up and locking my locker.

"Thanks."

"I meant it."

I smile softly at him, looking him straight in the eye.

"So did I."

I catch his beautiful smile before turning away and walking down the hallway to German.

"Hey, jerk!" I call over my shoulder.

"Yeah?" He smirks.

"You coming to class?"

"Wouldn't miss it for the world."

<.>

Drew and I almost get kicked out of German again, except this time he and I are both contributing to the disruption. Frau Polsinelli is on the verge of sending us to the principal's office when the bell rings.

She glares at us as Drew grabs my wrist and pulls me out of class quickly, ignoring the stares of our classmates. I can understand their confusion. They've probably never seen Drew with a girl without him having some ulterior motive for being with them. I can imagine the rumors now.

"Drew, where are we going?" I say, attempting to keep my backpack on my shoulder as I'm pulled through the crowds of students.

"Where do you think, nerd? We're going to skip, duh."

His words bring me to a halt. "Wait, what? We can't skip!"

"And why not? It's study hall. Nobody's even going to miss you there. You know, I'm not sure I understand why you stay for 7th period every day anyways."

I shrug. "Sam has an actual class 7th hour, so I'd just be hanging around for 50 minutes anyways." Then I frown. "Speaking of Sam, why was he at your house? What was he doing there?"

"I told him I wouldn't tell you. He made me promise. I think you and he should have some time to talk, maybe with Jordan too, once he's not so loopy from painkillers."

"Please? Can you give me a hint, at least?'

Drew glances around furtively, as if worried someone would overhear. However, the hallways are nearly empty, seeing as class starts in less than a minute. Grass Lake isn't a small place either; classes that are on opposite sides of the building and on different floors can often take 4 minutes to get to, and with all the student traffic, it's not much easier.