I Followed the Posted Speed Limit

A/N Nice long chapter for you guys today. Over 2000 words :) please enjoy!

<.><.><.><.><.><.><.><.>

*Kaitlyn MacDonald*

A week passes quickly, our tutoring continuing as normal. Kasie, Bella, Drew and I meet up a few more times to touch base and compare notes. By the time it was Friday again, I had already finished currywurst, and I had made sure that Drew was done with Wienerschnitzel.

When the final bell rang, I rushed out of the library, Drew close behind me.

"Slow down there, nerd," he calls, grabbing onto my arm. "Where are you going in such a hurry?"

"I have to take Jordan to the hospital for his MRI," I reply, already focused on my task for the afternoon. "Which reminds me, no tutoring session today. I'm busy and you have a game against Lincoln High."

"Aw, nerd," he smirks. "You do care."

I snort. "Not likely." Then, just noticing we're standing in the middle of the hallway, Drew pulls me through the crowd of students to our lockers, where he finally relinquishes his grasp.

"In that case, I must bid you farewell. Tell Jordan to get better for me, okay?"

I nod. "Will do, although I don't know how he's going to feel about you telling him what to do. You know him."

He laughs, a deep rich sound that attracts the attention of others in the hallway. "That I do. Now go home," he says, giving me a little shove. I quickly get all the books I would need over the weekend and grab my keys, which were hanging on the hook in my locker. Double-checking to make sure my phone is in my pocket, I nod to Drew and walk towards the stairs, weaving through the remaining students that didn't clear out as soon as the bell rang.

I find Sam quickly, and we drive home, talking about our day and weekend plans. When I pull into the driveway, I'm surprised to see another car already parked in my spot. After backing down the driveway and parking in the street, Sam and I hurry out of my bug and into the house, me locking the car behind us.

"Hello?" I call, creaking open the door.

"Kaitlyn! My word, how you've grown!" calls a familiar voice.

"Grandma?" questions Sam.

"Hello, hello, it's so good to see you!" she exclaims, pulling Sam and I into a tight hug.

I just got a face full of strong flowery perfume. Lovely.

"What are you doing here?" I ask after we pull away.

"I'm here to take Jordan to his MRI, duh," she winks, before walking back into the kitchen. Sam and I follow her, kicking our shoes off and to the side. I drop my backpack by the staircase and walk into the kitchen to see Jordan with his bad leg propped up on a kitchen chair.

"Welcome to the lair of grandma for the next week," he says, spreading his arms wide.

"A week?"

"Don't act so disappointed, Kaitlyn," my grandma chides, waving a metal spoon around. "I called the hospital when I got here, and they said they had a last-minute cancellation. If Jordan did tear his ACL, they can see him for surgery on Monday. I figured that he'd appreciate a little help. After all, that Peyton girl can't do everything, much as she'd like to."

I laugh. "Fair enough. In that case, I guess I'll just study then. Let me know when you're leaving." I turn to go up the stairs, but am called back into the kitchen.