Chapter 10

Alianna stirred in her sleep lightly as she felt someone's warm hand run through her hair. She groaned lightly and turned onto her side. Jax chuckled and rubbed her back, she had slept restlessly last night, he woke up many times to lull her back sleep.

"Alianna, come on, we need to leave," Jax murmured as he continued rubbing her back.

Alianna sighed and rolled over onto her back, her stomach filled with butterflies as he rubbed it. She looked at him, her eyes bloodshot and her head was pounding but she knew that they were on schedule.

"Morning," she murmured before sitting up. She leaned against his shoulder, unsurprised to find him dressed in his suit already. "How much time do I have?"

"An hour," Jax replied before pressing a kiss to her forehead. "Your bags are in the foyer already, except your carry on."

Alianna nodded before breathing in the scent of his cologne. "Thank you, I'll be out in thirty." Jax chuckled before leaving her.

Alianna took as long as she could afford getting ready this morning. Over the couple of weeks, the penthouse had become her home and even though she was used to packing up and leaving at a moment's notice, it hurt and saddening her to leave her sanctuary. She threw on a simple pair of black jeans, a flowy top paired with some easy slip on ankle boots and her trench coat. She packed whatever she needed into her carry on and slipped out the door.

Rex, Evan and Jax looked up as Alianna walked in. Rex and Evan fought to hide their smiles as she immediately gravitated to Jax's side and curled her arm around his. Jax wrapped his arm around her and passed her cup of coffee for her. Alianna leaned into Jax as he continued talked to Evan and Rex.

Evan pulled out his phone as it beeped, "They're downstairs. Let's go."

Alianna hung back as they walked out. Jax was still dominating the conversation but stopped when he did not sense Alianna next to him. "I'll meet you downstairs," he said shortly, looking out at the crestfallen girl.

Alianna sighed as she felt Jax's arms wind around her waist. "This penthouse, was just starting to feel like home," she said sadly. "It's my fault we have to leave."

Jax rest his head on top of hers, "It's not your fault. At all." He spun her around gently so she could bury her face in his chest. "And, I'm taking you to a place that hopefully, you would consider, being a home."

Alianna sighed and pulled back, slipping her hand into his as she shouldered her bag and let Jax lead her downstairs. Jax rubbed the back of her hand, trying to comfort her. Jax held her close as they cut through the crowd to the exit. Alianna slipped into the back seat only to bump against Evan who also sat there. She glared at him as Jax slid in. Jax eyed the two of them, wondering if he should take the middle instead.

"I'm okay with this once you don't stab me in the side," Evan said seriously. He had pulled the short straw which meant Rex got shotgun.

"I make no promises," Alianna replied making Jax smile as he placed his arm around her as she fiddled with his free hand.

~

The airport was thrumming with activity as she, Jax and company stood at the entrance as the bags were unloaded. If she were alone, Alianna could have easily blended in among the bodies but she was surround by seven men in suits who surprisingly did not attract as much attention as she expected.