Chapter 2

Merlina was walking through the lower town, making sure not to attract too much attention. She couldn't help but smile though, as she watched the children play, and heard them laugh. She even played a bit off hide and seek with them. She felt a bit uncomfortable in her male form, which made her clumsy, even though she was very graceful as a female. She was telling the children a story about Magic and Dragons, when Gwaine and Lancelot walked past her.

...

Gwaine was talking with Lancelot about random stuff as they passed by a young woman in a cloak, talking to the children in the neighborhood. He stopped a few feet away, as he felt something... odd, about her. He asked Lancelot to help him shadow her. He complied.

They watched as one of the small boys ran up to her, a blue flower in his little hand.

"Miss! I got this for you!" he grinned widely at her, he looked like he was about six or so.

"Thank you, Hans! Where did you get it?" she asked.

"Down by the riverbank!"

"By yourself?" he nodded. "That was very brave Hans. Thank you." She kissed his forehead, and took her hood off, to allow him to put it in her hair. Gwaine noticed that she was very beautiful. After that, she talked to some of the women, and received some bread, as thanks for looking after the children. Gwaine followed her back to the castle, but as he stepped through the gates, he lost sight of her. He was surprised that he had been so persistent in following her.

...

Merlina knew that Gwaine and Lancelot were following her. That's why she made sure to have somewhere to hide. As she lost her pursuers, she went back into town, and had a good time in the markets, as the sun went down.

As she noticed how late it was, most of the people were gone. She decided to take a chance, and go through a dark alley. How stupid she was.

"Hey girly! Why don't you stay with us and have some real fun?" one of them laughed.

"No thank you. Good evening." She said, and tried to walk back to the main road, but they had her surrounded. One of them tried to grab her. As she started shouting at them, one of them fell over. She looked back and saw Gwaine knocking them out. As the last one ran away, Gwaine went over to her.

"Are you alright? I heard someone shouting from in here." He looked concerned.

"I'm fine. Thank you, Sir..."

"Gwaine."

"Thank you, Sir Gwaine. I have to go home now." Merlina sighed, as he looked conflicted.

"Please, let me take you to the physician. I want to make sure you are unharmed."

"Thank you. However, I cannot. I have to go home. Thank you for saving me, Sir Gwaine." She started to walk away, trying not to shutter in the cold. She sincerely hoped that he didn't recognize her.

"What's your name?" Gwaine suddenly asked.

She looked back over her shoulder, and said it in a low tone, trying to make him unable to hear it.

...

Gwaine was confused. Why did she say no? Why did she not want to go the physician? Would she be safe? Where did she even live? He decided to just ask her the simplest thing.

"What's your name?" he called out. As she looked over her shoulder, he could see her beautiful blue eyes sparkle. On the other hand, was it his imagination? She said something, but he couldn't hear it. As she disappeared out of the alley, the wind seemed to carry it to his ears.

"Merlina..."

...

As Merlina came home, Gaius had returned. He smiled at her, and gave her the charms back, telling her that they stopped buzzing a while ago. After she told him about her day, (she left the part about Gwaine out of it), he gave something to eat, and she went to change.

However, as she put on the charms, nothing happened. She kept trying, getting closer and closer to panicking. Of course, it was that moment that Arthur had decided to talk to his manservant, about what was wrong. She was still trying to figure out what was going on as she heard the door opening, and as she looked over hoping that it was her uncle, it was Arthurs voice that sounded;

"Who the hell are you? And where's Merlin?"

...

The riders pushed their horses to the extreme. They had searched every kingdom; they had just left Ealdor in Essitir, where the Queen had been found. They had been in an excited rush, ever since she told them that their Princess was in Camelot. As they saw the city, they halted their horses. A young man with short black hair and blue eyes stepped out of the shadows. He looked in his early twenties, with a well-trained lean body, but his eyes told a story of bloodshed and murder. Prince Mathew smiled I relief.

"Soon, my dear sister. We will be home again soon."

Sooooo!!!! Oh and for the record, it was Morgause who killed Uther, along with Agravaine. Morgana is good. Merlin has been in Camelot for 5 years. Magic isn't yet legal, but modified so that the people get a fair trial. Please tell me if I spell something wrong or stuff, or if I forget something! Thank you for your support! See ya!