Chapter 3

Arthur pulled her into the main room. As soon as Gaius saw her, he looked shocked, but quickly composed himself. Arthur couldn't understand it. No one had seen Merlin since this morning, and then this girl is in his room, bearing a resemblance to him but not much, and he was nothing but suspicious. The fact that Gaius was shocked was even less understandable. He pushed her into a chair.

"Who are you?"

"I... uh..."

"Tell. Me. Now." He was getting angry. Why was she like this? Was she too stupid to remember her own name?

"I'm Merlina." The sudden sound of her voice broke his train of thought. He sighed. This was a difficult one.

"Why are you here?"

"I've heard about Camelot since I was a little girl. I decided that I wanted to see the city for myself." She said while looking at him defiantly. He could have sworn that he saw amusement.

"What were you doing in Merlins chambers?"

"I accidently ripped my dress and the physicians' chambers were the closest to where I was. Gaius here let me burrow his wards room, as I fixed it. I had just finished as you walked in." It was definitely amusement.

"I see. I apologize for my behavior. Merlin is my manservant and friend, but no one has seen him since this morning, and he looked like hell was freezing over. You must understand, I am quite worried."

She looked incredibly sad all of a sudden. She then grinned at me, very Merlin-like, and stood up.

"I understand completely. If you will excuse, my mother must be very worried by now. Good night."

She turned to leave, and as she opened the door, and bumped into someone. Luckily she didn't fall.

"I thought you didn't want to go the physician?" the man noticed Arthur. "Ah, didn't see you there, Queeny!" he grinned. Arthur sighed in exasperation.

"Hello, Gwaine."

...

As Merlina had finally gotten away from Arthur and Gwaine, she went to the stables. She had a horse saddled and ready. She knew trying to run would probably be futile, as Knights of Drakonia were just a few miles away from the city. However, she couldn't take any chances, in case it was a trap to kill her.

...

Gwaine was confused. He had barely met the girl twice, yet he felt completely comfortable with her there. He felt like he had always known her. Yet she was so much like Merlin, that he trusted her completely. Maybe, just maybe he... maybe he was falling for her. He dismissed the thought immediately. She just reminded him too much of his best friend. That's all.

...

Merlina returned to Gaius' chambers, as soon as the others left. She snuck through the main room, grapping a few healing and other small helpful potions on her way. She grabbed some bread as well. As she reached her room, she immediately took everything she would need; the staff, her spell-book, some extra dresses, bandages, and her toiletries. But most importantly, the carved wood-dragon her father made her, just before he died. She wrote a quick note and left it on her bed. She had decided not to come back, at least not until she knew if the mess with Drakonia was a trap. In the last minute, she made up her mind, and gave Arthur and Gwen a note as well.

After that, she ran silently to her horse, and galloped out of Camelot, not caring about who saw her. What she didn't notice however, was that Gwaine was watching her from the shadows.

...

The next morning, as everybody woke up, the notes were found. As Arthur, Gwen and Gaius read the notes, they were horrified. Arthur called in the Round Table. As they had gathered, the notes were laid out. They were all written in Merlins handwriting.

Please don't look for me. I'll be fine. Goodbye.

The boy you knew never existed anyway.

So please, do not worry.

Goodbye.

There was never born a 'Merlin' into this world.

I was always lying to you. I'm sorry.

Goodbye.

That morning, search parties were sent out. The order was to find any signs of Merlin, and if they witnessed any signs of him or of foul play, they were to report it immediately. Arthur kept reading the notes to find clues, or just something.

It was to this chaos, that the Drakonian prince and his Knights arrived, as they rode through the gates.

PLEASE DON'T KILL ME! I'm sorry!!! I know that most of you probably wanted Merlina to stay in Camelot, but if you had been hiding for 14 years, and something you see as a possible threat arrives in the one place you saw as safe, you would be scared as hell. Don't worry, Merlina will come back. When the "threat" is gone of course! And Gwaine part? I just thought it funny. *EVIL GRINNING* Thank you Thumps up, NC, lovethisfic and Pointeofdance for reviewing! Let the imaginary cookies be served to you on a silver platter! See ya!