Chapter 4

Arthur sat in the throne room, waiting for news of Merlin and the unknown knights to arrive. Gwen had just left the room, fetching the notes Merlin left them. She had some weird suspicion that something was hidden in the words. Only Lancelot stood by him. (Yes, he is ALIVE!) Gwen soon returned, studying the notes as she walked. As she found nothing, she sat down sighing. Arthur squeezed her hand as Percival came in, announcing the Knights' arrival.

...

Prince Mathew walked into the throne room with his most trusted Knights, and his best friends, in tow. After all the disappointments they had received in the other kingdoms, they were not optimistic. Not even after what the queen told them.

...

The Prince and his Knights were gathered in Huniths small house. She had served them all tea, after crying for hours, trying to comprehend that her son was alive. As she sat down, they started to ask her questions.

"Mother, why isn't Merlina with you? We heard she was with you." Mathew watched his mother sit her teacup down.

"Mathew, I had Merlina with me for the first 9 years, but now she has left to follow her destiny. Or, that is what she says."

"What do you mean? And what about Father?"

"I haven't heard from or seen your father since that night. I'm sorry. Merlina is in Camelot. Apparently she is a servant there."

"A SERVANT?!" Mathew couldn't understand. His sister, a princess, the servant to a King that hates magic like the plague?

"Yes. However, she made the place better. Those with magic now get a fair trial, since King Uther died and his son Arthur took over. She herself have protected so many people, even if she lost some on the way as well. I heard she even met a Dragon."

...

As he stepped in to the room, he saw three people there. King Arthur, Queen Guinevere and a Knight. He noticed that they all went wide-eyed when they saw him. The King then looked angry. He started to introduce people to see if he would calm down.

"Greetings your Majesties. My name is Prince Mathew Aria of Drakonia. These are my closest Knights: Sirs Martin, Elliot, George, Eragon, James and Lance. We are here to ask for your assistance in taking back Drakonia from my cousin Ataar. The royal family of Aria had ruled the land peacefully for over 300 years. However, 14 years ago, the royal family was split, as we tried to protect our people and family. My sister is the only other heir to the throne. We received word from the Queen that she was here, in Camelot, hiding in the royal household."

...

When Arthur saw the man who walked through the doors, he could feel the wrath gathering faster than light. The man looked almost exactly like Merlin. The Merlin who ran away, leaving nothing but small notes. However, as the young man introduced himself as Prince Mathew, he began to calm down. He listened to what happened to Drakonia, remembering what his own uncle Agravaine tried to do. As the speech went on, he became slightly confused. He would have noticed if a Princess was hiding in Camelot, especially the household! So he just asked.

"What is her name?"

"Merlina."

...

Gwaine was waiting in the courtyard for Percival to come back. He was shocked when he saw the Prince as well. However, when he heard that one of the Knights called him Mathew, he calmed down. As Percival came back outside, they rode out; looking for clues that Merlin had been there.

Eventually, they came across a small clearing, and on a snapped branch, hung Merlins red neckerchief. As Gwaine picked it up, a roaring came from the thick forest behind the clearing. A small white dragon jumped out, snapping after them. They tried to run, but it was too fast. Somehow, Gwaine and Percival were separated due to the forest confusing them. Gwaine came to a halt by a great lake and turned around. The small dragon had followed him. As he put the neckerchief in his pocket, the dragon roared and lounged at him. He felt the claws rip through first the chainmail, his shirt, and then his skin and flesh. The blood loss made black spots form in sight. As he fell backwards into the lake, the last thing he heard before falling unconscious was a female voice shouting.
"Aithusa! Stop it! Right now!"
Then everything went black.

...

Arthur was still in a meeting with the Drakonians, shocked by this new information. Did he really have a hidden princess in the castle? Even though he remembered the name, he couldn't remember. (Because he didn't find it important at the time. He is King Prat after all.) Suddenly Percival bolted through the doors, holding some ripped chainmail. He looked terrified, as if he watched the world end. Gwen was the first to react. She ran to him, and guided him to a chair, her servant-instincts kicking in. He was still shaking, holding the chainmail as if it were gold. Arthur sighed.

"Sir Percival, what is the matter?"

Percival looked up, and put the chainmail on the table. The entire front had been completely ripped to pieces. He looked at Arthur and spoke with a shaky voice.

"It belongs to Gwaine. A white dragon attacked us. We split up by accident. I searched for him, but this is all I found."

I am EVIL! No one is going to die! I swear! Only bad guys! So I have received like 2 answers to the poll, and I'm prolonging it, till I get more answers. So yeah! But in this story/AU, Aithusa is a girl (I do not know what gender she really is, and I don't care. Too bad!) and about the size of a big wolf or a big Labrador. Something like that! Please Review! See ya!