Chapter 6

*2 days later*

Arthur was almost finished showing the Prince around the lower town when a sudden familiar shout came from a few meters ahead. When he looked, he saw Hunith running towards him. When she reached him, her features went from relief to pure anger.

"Is it true, Arthur? Tell me! Is. It. True?" she asked, with her anger seeping through her voice.

"Is... what true?" he asked getting confused. Her face getting a cold look.

"Is Merlin missing?!" her voice was now shaking, proving her anger and worry. Arthur looked down.

"Yes. It's true. No one has seen him for 3 days."

When she heard this, Hunith fell to her knees, sobbing into her hands. All of her sorrow over her lost son. As Prince Mathew saw her properly, he was shocked.

"Mother?!"

When Hunith looked up, she was over the moon with joy. She jumped up and threw her arms around him. She cried with joy as he hugged her back.

"Mathew! My dear boy! I'm so glad that you have made it!"

This made Arthur angry. He was getting more frustrated and confused every hour, and now this?! It was driving him mad, so mad that when he spoke, his voice was so calm and soothing that it made everybody shiver.

"Would someone please, explain to me what is going on? In private would be preferable."

...

Gwaine laughed so hard that he could barely breathe. The fact that Merlin of all people had saved their arses, especially Arthurs, so many times was amazing. The fact that he was, in fact, a girl, made it easier for Gwaine to understand. As he saw it, she had the best excuse he had ever heard. He didn't care that she was a witch (She had corrected him a million times by now, and it finally got through his thick skull), and he still saw as his best friend, maybe even more. He watched her every move, every sound, intrigued by her natural elegance, and the fact that she didn't care about animals walking around freely in her small camp by the lake. The only thing that bothered him was one of the stories that she told him. Apparently, she had saved a cursed druid-boy, and they had fallen in love after he found out her secret. The lake she resided by, was the lake he was cremated in. He was annoyed by that. However, she said that he had become the Guardian of the Avalon Lake, as it was called, and he had told her to move on the last time they spoke.

In the time that he had spent there, she took care of his wounds, given him food, and helped him get back in shape (like he needed the last one, but she was amazing with a sword). She had Aithusa use something called the Dragons Breath on him, which healed him so that there were barely a few thin scars after her caws on him. The dragon looked very guilty for hurting him, it even seemed like it had begun to like him. He was not looking forward to sunset, as he would have to go back then. She had made him promise her that, as she didn't want her friends to worry too much.

...

Arthur was close to the point of pulling his hair from his skull. After the story, his guests had told him, he wasn't any closer to where any of the missing people were. If anything, he was only more confused.

"If Prince Mathew is your son, does that make you the Queen of Drakonia?"

"Yes."

"Is Merlin your real son then?"

"... Yes."

"Why did you hesitate? Are you lying to me, Hunith?"

"I'm not lying. It's complicated, that's all. Even I don't know what is happening right now."

"Is Merlin a Prince then, because that wouldn't make any sense?"

"No. he isn't."

"How?"

"It's complicated."

"Is that all you can say?"

"For the safety of my children? Yes."

After Hunith had received some chambers, the Prince went back with her.

No matter how hard he thought, he couldn't make sense of what people told him. He realized that he could only wait and see.

...

After talking to Gwaine for several hours, while doing her work around her camp, Merlina didn't want him to go. She knew that she had made him promise to go back, but still. She enjoyed his company; it was nice to have another human to talk too. The dragons, mostly Kilgharrah, didn't talk much, and when they did, it was mostly in slight riddles. She found some of them amusing, but she quickly got frustrated. Why couldn't they just speak normally?

As the sky showed its orange and red hue, Merlina put her cloak around her neck. She didn't want to be recognised. She watched as Aithusa growled sadly at Gwaine when he petted her head. She followed him all the way to the edge of the city, where she stopped, still in the shade of the trees. When she stopped Gwaine almost walked into her. He pulled her a few steps back from the walls. Before she could say anything, he pulled down her hood and pressed a soft kiss to her forehead.

"Please be safe. I don't want to see you harmed. I will come and see you soon."

After that, he walked out of the forest. Merlina watched as he walked away, just barely able to speak.

"Take care... for my sake."

Why do I do this to myself? Oh yeah, because I'm crazy, that's right! So please tell me if you liked that!!! I'm still trying to figure out how Arthur and his Knights will react. In my head, it's hilarious, but it won't be easy to write though... Please review!!!! Oh, and I'm going to use more songs than planned. Merlina is going to be the one singing and the one to have 'made' them. I just think it would be funny, or at least help my plot a bit... in my head mostly. THANK YOU!!!

I don't think I ever made a disclaimer but, I. DO. NOT. OWN. MERLIN!!! (crying on the inside...)