Chapter 1

Sayuri's POV

I finally arrived after my trip from Tokyo. I was born here in Konoha, but I had to leave since Hanshiro (my father) was offered to start his own business in Tokyo.

Its not like it made a difference for me anyway.

I was homeschooled. So I never saw another kid my age until I was 12. My second year of junior high.

It wasn't difficult making friends. It was actually quite easy.

As long as you talk and smile you gain friends almost instantly. Well it works for me at least.

I lived in one of the biggest estates in Tokyo. You might think its every girls dream to live in a castle like place, but it's not...

Hanshiro worked so much he practically lived in his office. I remember the type of father he used to be. A kind and gentle one. Now I'm not so sure he even remembers he has children...

My mother was the one that was always there for us, but the hole in our family was evident...

All my life I've wanted to make my him proud, but how can you make someone that doesn't give you the time of day proud.

I got perfect grades every single term, participated in all school sports, had cram school, was class president, captain of both the soccer and basketball teams, the opportunity to go to the best University of Tokyo and graduate my first year of highschool. Yet he noticed none of it. He was to busy with work.

It upset me. Led me to do things I'm not necessarily proud of today, simply to earn a glance from him.

Pathetic is what I was, but I learned, and I'll never make such an effort for someone's acknowledgment again.

That's the reason I'm here now. Ill start anew, away from him and with a more normalized life.

Unfortunately, he was also the one responsible for arranging my living arrangement. So either he doesn't know what I meant by normal or he didn't even pay attention and picked the first place that his assistant showed him.

Because right now I'm standing in front of a very expensive looking home. Don't get me wrong its beautiful, but I just wanted a simple apartment with at most 2 rooms, a bathroom and a kitchen.

What I get is a luxurious looking building with 2 bathrooms, 4 bedrooms, a big living room, garden, a kitchen and of course let's not forget the indoor pool.

I sighed seeing it.

"Um Hiro?" My butler faced me. "Can you tell Hanshiro that I won't be staying here?" He seemed confused.

"Then where will you be staying?"

"When I get a job and have enough money I'll move into an apartment that I've had an eye on for a while." I voiced, having a feeling something like this might happen.

He nodded.

Hiro has been my butler ever since I was 14 which makes it almost 4 years that he's been with me.

I keep telling Hanshiro there isn't a reason for me to have one but he just won't listen.

Anyway Hiro is good company. He listens to me whenever I'm having problems or I need to release my anger. He's a lot like an older brother.