Chapter 28

Third POV

The mans eyes widened in shock and then once again softened as he started crying tears of joy.

"Thank goodness." He got up from his chair and hugged his daughter. "I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have chosen work over family. I thought I was doing the right thing when in reality I wasn't."

"I forgive you." Those word were music to his ears. The words he's longed to hear from her.

"I don't deserve your forgiveness."the girl forced a smile.

"I'm still willing to give it. As long as you act like my father again." Her dad nodded.

"I promise."

She's still not used to being with her dad again. Its been so long that she thinks of him as a regular person and not as a father, but that doesn't mean she isn't going to give it a try.

"Can you get me out this hospital? I really hate it here." The man chuckled whipping his tears away.

"I'll go ask the doctors when you can be discharged." Hanshiro did notice how she called him dad. That's one or the reasons that made him cry tears of joy, but if he mentioned it she would go back to calling him Hanshiro so he didn't say a thing about it.

He left and Sayuri was now alone. All she saw was darkness. She missed all the colors and shapes she saw not even 10 minutes ago, but that was enough for her. At least for now...

A couple minutes later he came with her doctor beside him.

"So you're finally awake. About time everyone that came visit you always had long faces. They must really care about you." The girl halfheartedly smiled at the doctor.

"Yeah." She said.

The doctor gave Sayuri a check up to make sure everything was alright.

"Ok, so everything is ok. She just needs to take certain medications and she'll be fine."

"When can she be discharged?" Sayuri's father asked.

"In about two days. We found out your eyesight will come back eventually, but we just don't know when. Also try not to move your leg that much. Your lungs are strong so you can do  normal things such as laughing. Well that's it for today." Hanshiro smiled as the doctor left.

"Soon you'll be able to see." Sayuri smiled nodding.

Two days later

Sayuri was finally being discharged today. She couldn't be happier.

Today she finally gets to talk to her friends. They let her attend school like she used to since her vision is only temporarily gone, and she could get help from her classmates to take her to her classes.

Her father and mother were helping her get off the bed and into the wheelchair.

"Are you comfortable honey." She nodded at her mom's question.

"Yes, shall we go?" Her parents smiled and her father volunteered to push her wheelchair.

Hanshiro planed on taking as many days off as he needed to.

His kids were handling his business perfectly fine, and they were ok with having that as a part time job. Fuguko also agreed that he could help out until Sayuri is doing well.

Sasuke even started working again with his father.

The only reason he was working in the first place was because it was Sayuri's birthday. He planned a surprise birthday party for her with his own money. He stopped once he could. Now he's starting again, but he isn't doing to well in school.