Chapter Thirty

"Are you going to drive me over there or not?" Jenny asked, hands on her hips.

"Why are you in such a rush? We don't necessarily have to go today." Jason tried to pull her back onto the hotel bed, but she resisted.

"As much as I enjoy spending all day in bed with you, I need to know she's okay." She picked up her phone from off the desk and stared at the screen. "She's not returning any of my calls."

"Can't we spend one more day together before we go over there?" He knew that the minute they went over there, things would change between them.

"Get your lazy ass out of bed or give me the keys. I'll drive myself."

"Okay, chill out. I'll take you," he said, rolling his eyes at her temper. She could fly off the handle at the drop of a hat, it was almost like navigating through a mine field, but it was the price he chose to pay for the passion she had buried under that tough exterior.

He rolled off the bed and strolled to the restroom. Why do people call it a restroom? It's the last thing you do in there. Stepping into the shower, he pulled the curtain closed and turned on the water. He was itching to get the sweat off his body from their early morning sexual workout.

The door opened and creaked close on the other side of the shower curtain. Maybe, she decided against going out and was going to join him instead. His hope was dashed when he heard the distinct flush of the toilet. He jumped out of the way, but not before the spray turned ice cold, pelting him on the back.

"Jenny!" he growled.

"Don't keep me waiting," she huffed before leaving the room.

That girl definitely had a mean streak. He was beginning to think that bringing her was a bad idea. They left a day earlier than the rest of his gang. She didn't know about them or that they were coming to Grand Lake as well. They were arriving later actually, which was the main reason why he wanted to wait until tomorrow to go for a visit.

The water finally warmed back up and he stepped back under the shower to finish cleaning himself. His heart flip flopped back and forth in his feelings for her. What they had in bed was incredible, amazing; but, as time went on, he could definitely see that she was a high maintenance woman. He doubted that he was ready for someone like her.

Jumping out of the shower, he pulled on his clothes and joined her in the other room. She was ready to go, sitting there with a scowl on her face.

"Why is it you get ready so quickly when you want to go somewhere, but not when I come by to pick you up for a date?"

She shrugged her shoulders and tossed his shoes at him. "Come on, let's go."

"Geez, you're pushy, woman!" he mumbled.

But did as he was told, and before long they were in the car on their way over to the house.

***

Wade stood there in front of the window, contemplating his next move. He wasn't sure exactly how many attackers there were, but from his current head count, there appeared to only be three of them. To be honest, he was surprised to see Russ and Charlie out in the field.

"Where's Glenn and Moose?" he asked.

"Wouldn't you like to know," Russ smirked.

"So what makes us worthy enough to grace us with your presence?" he asked. "Or didn't you trust your men not to mess up again?"

Andy walked into the room with the rope that he had found in the closet. It was the rope Wade put there in the event that Nerina tried to run away. Now he regretted buying it.